Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

July 2022 Model Y Order/Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In anticipation of the renewed EV tax credit (expecting Lucy to yank the football yet again though), I plopped $250 on an order for a LRY-7 (white seats, no other options) on 28 July.
Current EDD is Feb 7-Apr 4 2023. Thing is I want to slow-roll this delivery as much as possible as I don't want to take delivery until after the credit/rebate/whatever is in place. I figure a 7 seater with minimal options is the way to go. I've heard that adding a tow hitch may actually help delaying delivery even more? Any truth to that? Lol
Can't you just put the order on hold and revive the order once the credit thing is finalized?

So how was your delivery experience? Any issues? Pics?
The delivery experience was excellent! Just two minor things: The wood on the dash to the left of the steering wheel has a tiny nick in it, the size of the ball in a ballpoint pen and the sliding door in front of the cupholder scratches/scratched when opening. Other than that, the fit and finish of everything seems to be spot on, it also surprisingly came with a mobile charger in the trunk, I bought one before taking delivery so now I have two. 😅

Attachments

• IMG_0972.jpeg
    IMG_0972.jpeg
    397.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0976.jpeg
    IMG_0976.jpeg
    549.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0944.jpeg
    IMG_0944.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0945.jpeg
    IMG_0945.jpeg
    449.1 KB · Views: 57
MYP
Blue/Black interior
5 seats
No Hitch
FSD

OD: 7/25/22
EDD: October 6 - November 17 2022
EDD: Sept 1 - Oct 6
VIN received 8/6!
EDD: 8/22-8/25

Coming from Fremont. Scrambling to nail down insurance/financing etc. as this was much faster than expected! How have people found trade in values direct from Tesla, have they seemed fair? Do you just turn your car in at delivery?

Good to hear some are getting better than 4.49% outside of Tesla, might have to hurry up and look into that....

The delivery experience was excellent! Just two minor things: The wood on the dash to the left of the steering wheel has a tiny nick in it, the size of the ball in a ballpoint pen and the sliding door in front of the cupholder scratches/scratched when opening. Other than that, the fit and finish of everything seems to be spot on, it also surprisingly came with a mobile charger in the trunk, I bought one before taking delivery so now I have two. 😅
Boy I would really like a mobile charger to be delivered, I ordered one and it's still backordered. Looks like the car will come first.

MYP
Blue/Black interior
5 seats
No Hitch
FSD

OD: 7/25/22
EDD: October 6 - November 17 2022
EDD: Sept 1 - Oct 6
VIN received 8/6!
EDD: 8/22-8/25

Coming from Fremont. Scrambling to nail down insurance/financing etc. as this was much faster than expected! How have people found trade in values direct from Tesla, have they seemed fair? Do you just turn your car in at delivery?

Good to hear some are getting better than 4.49% outside of Tesla, might have to hurry up and look into that....
Wow that's a quick turnaround. Are you close to the Fremont factory? FSD might also have played a role in getting your VIN quicker.