Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just bought a used Tesla ..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife just got a used model 3 , we are totally new to it so don’t really understand the software that well yet .

My first questions is : does the model 3 have full self driving capability? If not do you have to buy the software ?

Next : if this is a paid software and the previous owner got it , how can I know that it’s installed ? This may seem like a silly question , but we are too scared to activate it on the stalk as we’ve literally only just got the car .

I have a screen shot

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• IMG_2243.jpeg
    IMG_2243.jpeg
    978.8 KB · Views: 5
I have FSD and don’t need to pay monthly for it. Mine says the same “Full self-driving computer” as well.

The manual tells you a lot about how to use it so I’d spend some time reading through it first. I’m sure others more knowledgeable than me (also new owner) can chime in too.

Enjoy the new car!

They all say "Full self-driving computer", whether you have the FSD software or not. Go to the menu, then AutoPilot, then see what opens are there.

Alternatively, you could find the "upgrades" and see if FSD is available to purchase... if it is, you don't have it.

If you somehow accidentally enable self-driving, you'll know it. The screen looks different. Just turning the steering wheel or hitting the brakes will disable it, as the car assumes you wish to take control.

First if you are in the UK you can't get FSDS and there is no subscription for it. You can buy the FSD software (I think) but it is NOT FSDS like we have in the US and Canada. You may get some additional driving features but you will need to check with Tesla users who are familiar with the UK's feature set.

My wife just got a used model 3 , we are totally new to it so don’t really understand the software that well yet .

My first questions is : does the model 3 have full self driving capability? If not do you have to buy the software ?

Next : if this is a paid software and the previous owner got it , how can I know that it’s installed ? This may seem like a silly question , but we are too scared to activate it on the stalk as we’ve literally only just got the car .

I have a screen shot

Thanks for your help
That screen shows your hardware but that's the wrong screen if you want to see if the software Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot, FSD are paid or not.

You should go back to the screen on the background to see whether anything is listed as "Included Package."

fsd-screen-shot-jpg.581939