Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin camera covered with tape and now I can't use my $5,000 Autopilot option. version 2024.3.25

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That might be it. The FSD trial did not work with the camera covered.
We'll probably never know. New members who make an account to talk about legal action usually don't come back.
You know, I hadn't noticed until you pointed that out. Had I known the OP was new and had only 1 post, I never would've replied. Also, I see the OP hasn't responded to any of the replies.

Hook, line, and sinker...

I'm back. I bought FSD several years ago and was aware that the cabin camera needed to watch me while using FSD. Other than the "neat-o" factor, I don't use FSD. I do, however, have over 100,000 miles with AP engaged and would love to extol the benefits of AP but maybe on another thread. My AP worked just fine from 2018 until an unauthorized change was made to my AP last month. I am a principled individual who forego convenience for basic human rights.

The farmers who bought John Deere tractors and were not allowed to fix their tractors because they didn't "own" the software sued JD and won their right to repair their equipment. My current predicament appears to be a similar situation.

Here's my message to Tesla, all government agencies, bureaucrats, lawyers, Wall Street and anyone else who sees this thread:

I do not trust you. I no longer agree to be monitored. I no longer agree to be tracked. I no longer agree to your terms. I will not buy any vehicles with cameras in the cabin. I will not buy any vehicles that are networked.