Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just delivered Model3 and defects

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my Model 3 today and I have a few questions.
Firstly, I understand that there are no speakers in the trunk since it's a rear-wheel-drive model. However, is it normal for there to be no cover at all, as shown in the picture below? Chinese models seem to have a cover there.
IMG_1314.jpeg

Additionally, the rear window rubber molding is loose. Can this be fixed at the service center?
IMG_1296.jpeg

Also, there is some foam-like incorrect painting on the inside of the trunk. Can this be fixed at the service center as well?

IMG_1315.jpeg

I bought my M3 in 2020. At that time I was encouraged to look over the car with a fine toothed comb (so to speak) to see if there were any defects such as yours. I spent nearly a half hour doing just that before finalizing the sale. All I found was what looked like a scratch on the front passenger door, just above the rocker panel. One of the employees buffed it out. You would have noticed some, if not all, of these issues if you had taken the time to do the same thing. But, non worries, just take the car back and have Tesla fix these issues.

I received my Model 3 today and I have a few questions.
Firstly, I understand that there are no speakers in the trunk since it's a rear-wheel-drive model. However, is it normal for there to be no cover at all, as shown in the picture below? Chinese models seem to have a cover there.
View attachment 1040091

Additionally, the rear window rubber molding is loose. Can this be fixed at the service center?
View attachment 1040092

Also, there is some foam-like incorrect painting on the inside of the trunk. Can this be fixed at the service center as well?

View attachment 1040094
paint defect on the inside of the trunk lid? omg. immediate reject.

Reactions: rpiotro
Don't be discouraged that so many think your concerns are, unworthy? I would agree that a paint issue in the trunk is not a big deal but when I got my car, the rear doors were just-so off (visible cause the chrome trim didn't line up). I brought it in after it was noted on delivery paperwork (in those days delivery was a crazy time where some owners even volunteered to help so the old days :) - I was one of them later on). Anyway, they tried to tell me bodyshop but I was insistent and a tech finally came out to do a minor hinge adjustment and it was fine.

I'm only saying this because if there is something that really irks you, you can present it to Tesla and see what they can do for you. I'm not sure from your photo but they should be able to make an adjustment there. Regarding the speaker, I'm surprised the Chinese models have a cover there but differences in market equipment is pretty normal

Reactions: Scelto