Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just getting a software update...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if there is an existing thread but I am just in progress with an update and wondered what to expect.
Currently on 2019.16.1.1

You are better off looking on the main forum (which has added benefit of separate forums for each model)

The 2019.16 thread has about 20 pages of stuff ... I haven't looked at it, but that length of thread, on a "point release", typically means loads of bugs, so at least you would be aware of what is what

Software Update 2019.16.x

For anything specifically UK related there is a generic thread (which you might want to subscribe to)

UK Software Update News - Model S / Model X

but fairly rare that gets any traffic.

If you use TeslaFi you can see what versions are available within The Fleet, and how your current version (and update history) compares (if you don't use it then get a referral code that increases the Trial from 2 weeks to a month)

Or you can use Hank Lloyd Right's version tracker (personally I don't find the way then data is presented helpful)

Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

Reactions: IanMcL
Just got 2019.16.1.2 the other day and all went well..As stated it seems like a bug fix however I have noticed that after leaving my car (not on charge last night) for the first time I had zero vampire drain.
Obviously, I did not have sentry mode on which does eat up the miles, as I was at home....As a side note I drove to London where I work the other day and sat and watched sentry mode in action for a while...no wonder I was seeing up to 90 sentry mode events when I returned to car, as the amount of people looking in really surprised me and I didn’t realise the lights flashed as well as the screen coming on as someone approached.

As stated it seems like a bug fix however I have noticed that after leaving my car (not on charge last night) for the first time I had zero vampire drain.

That would be amazing if vampire drain really stopped!

Am on 2019.16.2, with MCU1. The MCU1 performance is now fab, hardly any delay in response, even switching to the 'seats' view which normally takes 0.5 seconds delay is now instant.

Web browser is also now working again, and quicker too.

Tried Nav on Ap today, still needs alot of work, sees some dual carriageways as single lane roads, and at one point the car indicated and started to change lanes inappropriately nearly cutting up a motor bike. It also tried to take take a junction exit at a full 70mph with no indication and at the last minute!! I've turned it off for now, too dangerous to even 'trial' on roads around us.

I have to say 19.16.2 “so far” seems to be pretty good only been driving for a couple hours with it but I’m pleased so far.

Also the restrictions on AP for us in the UK don’t seem to be too bad and I’m also liking the mad max lane change suggestions.

That would be amazing if vampire drain really stopped!

I can't imagine hat Vampire Drain can be completely stopped, but ...

I usually lose slightly more than 1% per 24 hours. After receiving 16.2 I charged to 81% on Friday afternoon and found that by midday Sunday it was STILL showing 81%.

So that's <1% in almost 48 hours. The drain has AT LEAST halved !

Reactions: gangzoom
This guy doesn't think so:

I guess it’s down to personal opinion, I only use AP on the motorway and personally I don’t indicate to do a lane change unless I know it’s clear “mirror, signal, maneuver”

All I’m seeing on the video is someone trying to use AP on a road that it’s not intended for and a careless lane change on the motorway “if the move isn’t clear then why signal”

Don’t get me wrong I’m against AP being hobbled and restricted to the point it’s useless but I personally “so far” don’t see this as a big issue but appreciate others may disagree.

Don’t get me wrong I’m against AP being hobbled and restricted to the point it’s useless but I personally “so far” don’t see this as a big issue but appreciate others may disagree.

I tend to agree with you, most of that video was on inappropriate roads for AP usage and the behaviour on the 'motorway' seemed fine to me. Why would you signal just as the car starts to draw level with you, as you could see in the video, that behaviour caused a car in the adjacent lane to swerve away from him into the left lane to avoid him.

Reactions: Fellsteruk
I can't imagine hat Vampire Drain can be completely stopped, but ...

I usually lose slightly more than 1% per 24 hours. After receiving 16.2 I charged to 81% on Friday afternoon and found that by midday Sunday it was STILL showing 81%.

So that's <1% in almost 48 hours. The drain has AT LEAST halved !

Wooo that would be amazing.....But leaving your car not driven from Friday to Sunday!!??? What kind of Tesla owner are you? I get withdraw symptoms if haven't sat in the car for longer than 12 hours :).

Vampire Drain = mine has actually gotten worse a lot worse normally I’d lose 1% overnight it’s getting close to 10% now

Other than software the only change is I’m using an SSD rather than USB for the sentry/dashcam

I may leave it see how it goes and test it with sentry off.

Anyone else also note that sentry works now even with no drive plugged in? Obvs it’s not recording the footage to a drive as nothing is plugged in but it does everything else including the message of how many sentry events on the dash.