Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just getting a software update...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried the new software on the highway today. The steering nag is absolutely pissing me off. On the positive side the car seem much more stable while in AP. I am still getting the annoying blank back camera issue so don't know if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

Tried the new software on the highway today. The steering nag is absolutely pissing me off. On the positive side the car seem much more stable while in AP. I am still getting the annoying blank back camera issue so don't know if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

I don't usually get any nag, it's the slight rotational movement that does the trick, not how firmly you hold the wheel.

With the blank back camera, do you mean when reversing or when driving there's no car graphic behind you? If it's the latter that's very common.

I don't usually get any nag, it's the slight rotational movement that does the trick, not how firmly you hold the wheel.

I always get the nag if I hold the wheel with both hands. I never get the nag if I hold it as you do - one hand about 4 o'clock with a bit of weight on it to provide the torque needed to trip the sensor.

(I rarely get the nag if I hold it one-handed at 4 o'clock but support the weight on the armrest too much....)

I note that in the US it's possible to remove the nag by wiggling the volume dial or otherwise interacting with the steering wheel controls.... I've never had success with that here in the UK though.

I was reading the source UN regs, and it says the lane-change has a 2 second window when it needs to begin moving to the next lane (no earlier than 3 seconds after the driver flicks the indicator, and no later than 5 seconds after)

Like most, glad to see us getting Nav AP. However these lane change limitations are flakey and seem very dangerous. My car has repeatedly abandoned lane changes mid way and then swerved back into the original lane as someone else was looking to occupy the space I was vacating.

I'm a massive fan of the innovative approach of Tesla, I accept a lot of the rough around the edges stuff, but this update is not safe in my opinion.

I've also had the swerving off to take a junction at 75mph with little to no indication. Not ready for prime time and needed beta testing in the UK.

Seems to me this is a combination of a set of nannying EU-specific laws (I normally like all this EU biz btw) directly conflicting with allowing the autopilot system to function as it should - IE restricting steering wheel movement, essentially handcuffing the system from manoeuvring cordially - so it abandons movements when it realises it can't complete promptly, or runs wide on corners and applies braking to tighten a radius rather than more lock on the wheel.

This is obviously disappointing and ridiculous for a big list of reasons. Hopefully Tesla can continue to dodge and jump through the necessary hoops to stay one step ahead of foggy, behind the times, stifling legislation with a subsequent update.

Just downloaded 2019.16.3.2 this morning....after 2 hour drive noticed no difference.

Since picking up the car On March 28 done 7000 odd miles and it seems to feel better each day...Early days I know and realise some issues but it is quite a vehicle.