Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got a email to install my badges...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not understanding. This email - was it instructions? A demand? Do you actually have said badges? Any elaboration?

Tesla delivered many earlier AWD and Performance Model 3 without the Badges nor the Spoiler.

The OP received an email from Tesla regarding a "special" event to do that for them (at staggered times) in really densely located California locations. (I believe NorCal was the first to get this type of event and the OP is part of the first set of owners to be invited in SoCal)...

Tesla is using these events to learn if this is the most efficient way to handle this really simple activity en masse and thus save some costs to do this missing item for owners that were due such items upon delivery but opted to take the car without it (we did so with our Model S in the early days...)

• Informative
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
Tesla delivered many earlier AWD and Performance Model 3 without the Badges nor the Spoiler.

The OP received an email from Tesla regarding a "special" event to do that for them (at staggered times) in really densely located California locations. (I believe NorCal was the first to get this type of event and the OP is part of the first set of owners to be invited in SoCal)...

Tesla is using these events to learn if this is the most efficient way to handle this really simple activity en masse and thus save some costs to do this missing item for owners that were due such items upon delivery but opted to take the car without it (we did so with our Model S in the early days...)

Nope...the email asked if i wanted to come to my service center on december 9th to get my badges installed. It also said it would take 15 minutes, if i click on the link it ask me to setup an appointment

Make sure you inspect their work. I had Tesla put on my front license plate bracket. After I drove it home I saw the work they did.
63e7e1bc-a9ce-451d-8fac-ff62155b77db

I was wondering if they have a template to install the badge to make sure it’s straight. I guess this just confirms they eye ball it. Of course in this case they got the license plate bracket way off so probably not.

I'd guess the badge they have a jig or template for. The front plate is an owner-installable item, so they probably do exactly zero of them at service centers. No template is provided to the owner, so likely no fixture, jig, or template at SC either.

Reactions: whatthe2
I'd guess the badge they have a jig or template for. The front plate is an owner-installable item, so they probably do exactly zero of them at service centers. No template is provided to the owner, so likely no fixture, jig, or template at SC either.
Got it thx.

Sounds like a good business. I’ll install the front license plate better than Tesla. ;)

Reactions: DrDabbles