Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got text from PG&E on possible PSPS outage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just have to say, not in PG&E area (SMUD), but Tesla finish the install of the battery today and what a great job they did! Added it to an Enphase IQ7+ 9KWatt system. Ordered Sept 15, 2019, installed Nov18th, 2019.

Attachments

• Powerwall Final2.jpg
    Powerwall Final2.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Powerwall Final1.jpg
    Powerwall Final1.jpg
    549.6 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: powaking and Sherlo
I just have to say, not in PG&E area (SMUD), but Tesla finish the install of the battery today and what a great job they did! Added it to an Enphase IQ7+ 9KWatt system. Ordered Sept 15, 2019, installed Nov18th, 2019.
Looks great! Did they add a new service feed/meter and repurpose your original main/combo panel? Also why did you opt for battery inside? Looks good just curious on the design decisions

Looks great! Did they add a new service feed/meter and repurpose your original main/combo panel? Also why did you opt for battery inside? Looks good just curious on the design decisions
Did not have enough room outside except for the side of the garage by the front door, boss said no!
Original main and solar production meter, new load backup panel inside plus gateway and power panel outside(solar + battery).

So with a 9 kW Enphase system and only one Powerwall, if your system is generating full power, the Powerwall won't be able to charge that fast (5 kW) max. Is the Powerwall configured to slowly ramp the frequency up and the Enphase set up to ramp it's power output down in response? Have you tested charging your Powerwall from solar in full sun?

Anyone else get this?

Says: Due to weather forecast, PG&E may turn off power in a portion of our service area. More info: pge.com/pspsupdates

I really wish my solar with PowerWall was in so I could ignore this.
Yep, parts of Santa Cruz County again as well. And my Powerwall installation is on order also. I’m told it probably won’t be until Jan/Feb 2020.

So with a 9 kW Enphase system and only one Powerwall, if your system is generating full power, the Powerwall won't be able to charge that fast (5 kW) max. Is the Powerwall configured to slowly ramp the frequency up and the Enphase set up to ramp it's power output down in response? Have you tested charging your Powerwall from solar in full sun?
The Grid Profile for the Enphase inverters has been set; I called Tesla support, they created a ticket for tier 2 support to make sure the ramp up frequency will hit 62.5hz max to shutdown the inverters, thanks to this forum!
It was just commissioned yesterday at 3pm so I did see the system feed the house, battery and send back to the grid. Did a grid disconnect everything work, installers stay to test and verify the production CT matched the Enphase CT. Although the Tesla rounds up the number!
Today is the real full sun test.