Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got vin. I need floor mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks

any recommendation mats?
i need them but all sold out :(
I chose the Autailors mats. I don't have the car yet but the mats came a couple of weeks ago. They seem to be very high quality with a nice look, but not everyone will like the design. These are not the kind that have a high wall around the edges to hold quarts of liquid, but they're strongly textured and would contain most smaller spills or general wetness and dirt. The I bought a set for my son's M3 up in Seattle and he's extremely happy with them.

I got the 2021 8pc set that has one large mat for the cargo floor. The alternative is the 9pc set (same price $299) that splits the cargo floor coverage to make it easier to hinge up the rear floor compartment door. But I only occasionally access those areas in my present SUV, and I prefer to have one mat with no break that could collect dirt etc. I kind of wish they had a matching liner for the split-back of the rear seat. But no sign of that so far.

You can also get 2pc sets for just the front floors ($99), 3pc that adds the rear floor ($199), and a separate 6pc add-on set for split-cargo floor, frunk, trunk and the 2 small storage wells ($199). So the price for everything is a lot better if you buy the complete set up front. I waited around for a while hoping for a sale, but the only things I've seen them put on discount are for 2-year old Model 3.

I chose the Autailors mats. I don't have the car yet but the mats came a couple of weeks ago. They seem to be very high quality with a nice look, but not everyone will like the design. These are not the kind that have a high wall around the edges to hold quarts of liquid, but they're strongly textured and would contain most smaller spills or general wetness and dirt. The I bought a set for my son's M3 up in Seattle and he's extremely happy with them.

I got the 2021 8pc set that has one large mat for the cargo floor. The alternative is the 9pc set (same price $299) that splits the cargo floor coverage to make it easier to hinge up the rear floor compartment door. But I only occasionally access those areas in my present SUV, and I prefer to have one mat with no break that could collect dirt etc. I kind of wish they had a matching liner for the split-back of the rear seat. But no sign of that so far.

You can also get 2pc sets for just the front floors ($99), 3pc that adds the rear floor ($199), and a separate 6pc add-on set for split-cargo floor, frunk, trunk and the 2 small storage wells ($199). So the price for everything is a lot better if you buy the complete set up front. I waited around for a while hoping for a sale, but the only things I've seen them put on discount are for 2-year old Model 3.
Thank you very much!

I
Like the Tesla all weather mats. Not perfect or the best but they are clean looking and fit snugly. It says Tesla on them which is a bonus. Expensive though. I use rugged trunk mat as it reduces sound and easier for the dog.

I have floor mats from 3D Mats in the cabin and a cargo floor from WeatherTech for my Model Y. They're all great.

I had a bad experience with Tesmanian, which you can see me ranting about elsewhere in these forums. At least one of the Tesmanian mats didn't fit correctly (was all wavy on the right side of the passenger mat), and they stank like toxic cheap recycled rubber. I had to take them out of the vehicle after half a day because I couldn't breathe in the car. Tesmanian said they were "washed" with some sort of chemical afterwards, and if I just left them outside for a while, the "washing" smell would dissipate. However, I had the impression the smell was because at least one of them was made from the cheap, recycled plasticy-rubber that a lot of products from China seem to suffer from these days (e.g., lower-end tires, especially...). Also, they arrived all rolled up in a ball and shoved into a plastic bag. In contrast, the ones from 3D mats arrived in professionally-printed 3D Mats boxes.

I understand that Tesmanian's are cheaper than many other brands, but I think this was a lesson to me in "you get what you pay for." The 3D mats product are much higher quality, with rolled edging to stiffen them around the edges to maintain fit, textured surfaces, and a nice "3D Mats" embossed logo. There are also some other brands that look equally good that I can't speak to from direct experience.

Attachments

• IMG_20210825_112827156.jpeg
    IMG_20210825_112827156.jpeg
    928.3 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20210825_112808662_HDR.jpeg
    IMG_20210825_112808662_HDR.jpeg
    912.8 KB · Views: 98
Mine had a slight odor and a bit of “waviness” along the edges, but I left them out in the sun for about a half hour and both those things resolved. I’ve never had better fitting mats in any car I’ve ever owned. Best part is the texture that prevent your feet from slipping if the mat is wet, and the lip that goes all around to contain liquid/melting snow.

Mine had a slight odor and a bit of “waviness” along the edges, but I left them out in the sun for about a half hour and both those things resolved. I’ve never had better fitting mats in any car I’ve ever owned. Best part is the texture that prevent your feet from slipping if the mat is wet, and the lip that goes all around to contain liquid/melting snow.

Good for you, if you're happy with them.

Personally, I left the Tesmanian ones out in the sun and air for a week...didn't change the ill-fitting one at all, and the odor never completely dissipated. I shipped them all back for a refund.

Which reminds me...Tesmanian won't pay for return shipping AT ALL. I had to roll the things up into the smallest possible roll I could, and it still cost me $80 using the cheapest shipping option I could find. Then they claimed they couldn't find the return shipment...then they found them after all. And by the way, their customer service initially involved emails being translated back and forth from chinese to english using some automated program...with comical misinterpretations the entire time. It all came across a a really sketchy operation to me.

Last edited:
I got spooked by all the delivery delay nightmare threads and cheesy logos so went with Tesla. I think I read that they’re made by WeatherTech. Quality and fit are totally fine. The LDCRS seem like the way to go for $140 (think 3D without cheesy logo), but alas not in stock per my note above:

LDCRS Tesla Model Y Floor Mats 2021 - All Weather Floor Mats - Premium 3D Waterproof Car Mats Without Logo - Heavy Duty Non Slip Floor Liners - Set of 3 (1st & 2nd Row) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D74G63...abc_7P2S5QW7YTFZH4R79CEG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: Madsen203
+1 for the Autailors mats

I got the 9 piece set and they fit perfectly. It's split in the back so easy access to the subtrunk and they also have inserts for the two sidebins in the trunk. No weird smells or bends to work out.

Personally I like the design - its much more neutral and a greyish/carbon fiber appearance in person than in the photos. The benefit is it hides dirt/leaves much better than your typical black rubber mats.

It does not have a lip so I probably wouldn't get them if lived somewhere with a lot of snow or slush but the edges seem more than sufficient to contain spills. I also got some faux leather rear back seat covers from basenor which fit well.

I have 3D Maxpider, which I have had in two previous vehicles. The big difference is the perfect fit and the velcro hooks covering the undersurface that keeps them from moving. Many cheaper mats don’t have anything keeping them from sliding. If I didn’t already have a set, I would probably try out one of the tons of really cheap molded sets on ebay that are $70-80 if you search “Model Y floor mats” and filter the seller location to US.

I've had weather tech mats in 3 or 4 cars now, and almost instantly ordered them for the Model Y but after a lot of videos and research I decided to try the 3D Max and was so impressed with the fit and finish, and I know it's crazy but the logo doesn't bother me at all! I now have 3D maxpider in 3 of my vehicles and won't go with any other brand in the near future.

I ordered the Basenor off Amazon. Very good fit and quick delivery. I just got them last Thursday. Going to post a review as soon as I have time to take some pictures. They, unfornately, appear to be out of stock except used ones.

I got spooked by all the delivery delay nightmare threads and cheesy logos so went with Tesla. I think I read that they’re made by WeatherTech. Quality and fit are totally fine. The LDCRS seem like the way to go for $140 (think 3D without cheesy logo), but alas not in stock per my note above:

LDCRS Tesla Model Y Floor Mats 2021 - All Weather Floor Mats - Premium 3D Waterproof Car Mats Without Logo - Heavy Duty Non Slip Floor Liners - Set of 3 (1st & 2nd Row) Amazon.com
I found and purchase a Floor Mat from Amazon, they look exactly the same on the pic, I am not sure if they are the same since i never have the LDCRS one, but I am very happy with the quality and especially its only $89 with the $10 coupon

Tesla Model Y All Weather Minimalism Floor mat Three Layers Waterproof Non-Slip Liners for Model Y Accessories 2020-2021

I bought these as well. I've had my car for two days and these mats are the first thing I put in. I opted for the black piping version and they look great. I did opt for the two mat version for the cargo area and I like being able to access the second hidden storage space without having to lift a larger mat covering the entire area.