Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just noticed this paint defect, is this a major issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why not take it now to a reputable body shop, or at least, a good detail shop? They'll know the least traumatic way to correct this minor issue.
I don't think it bothers me that much, main thing was just making sure it's not going to have any long term issue. And they had to fix some alignment stuff a few weeks ago which took like 2 weeks but it was done in service center not bodyshop. And then after that I had my car in the detailer place for a PPF/Ceramic/Tint done and that took another 2 weeks. So I literally just started to drive the car this week. I think I want to enjoy it a little bit before sending it back for another week or two.

Ok so I just came back from service center. Basically the deal is just like what we expected, only way to fix it is their approved bodyshop and they will only fix it this one time I can't delay it say for a later date and it will takes 10 days to get it done. Furthermore, they got to literally take the liftgate apart to do it and they have to order and replace the liftgate assembly when they take it apart. I was like wo wo wo hold it right there, is this cosmetic only issue that has long term effect, they go they can't guarantee it isn't but it does look cosmetic and if it is cosmetic it usually have no effect but won't confirm if it's cosmetic or not to protect themselves I think. So anyways I took the car back and told them I'm going to think it through. But ultimately I think I'm just going to hold off and if in the future if it has any issue I'll just go to a detailer/paint place to fix just the area, not sure I can trust their bodyshop to take everything apart and get it right. That 10 days might turn into 30 days.
If it was me, I would find a well-reviewed bumper/paint touchup repair guy/shop. You being in SoCal, there should be plenty to choose from. The guy will come out, sand down the area, prime it and then color match the paint with either an air brush or spray gun. Conservatively speaking, it would look 90% better than it is now.

If it was me, I would find a well-reviewed bumper/paint touchup repair guy/shop. You being in SoCal, there should be plenty to choose from. The guy will come out, sand down the area, prime it and then color match the paint with either an air brush or spray gun. Conservatively speaking, it would look 90% better than it is now.
That's a good idea, will look into the mobile dent/chip/bumper repair shop to see what they say about this type of repair.