I totally thought you were joking, so I tried it myself! At first, I just had "John", and nothing changed... So, I changed my profile name to "Driver John", and this time it changed! However, it did the opposite of yours... It left my name at the top as "Driver John", but it changed my name in the profile to "Diver John".
I wrote Tesla about the same thing back in Jan. Apparently not fixed yet. The scary thing is that it shows up in multiple places, which suggests it is a string (constant) in the code, which is shown in multiple places. The fact that a constant gets corrupted somehow is a really scary thought about the SW running on the center console. It's fortunate that is on that display and not on the driver display/computer. Nothing to do with Easter Eggs afaikt.
It's totally part of the '007' Easter Egg. The code is looking for all instances of the string "Drive", "Driver", and "Driving" then replacing it with "Dive", "Diver", and "Diving". Here's something you can do to see what I'm referring to...
1. Make sure '007' Easter Egg is not engaged.
2. Create three new profiles named "Drive Jane", "Driver Joe", and "Driving Bob".
3. Engage the '007' Easter Egg.
4. Go to your 'Controls' > 'Settings' > 'Driver Profiles'.
5. Notice your new profile labels are now "Dive Jane", "Diver Joe", and "Diving Bob".
6. Try to type an "r" in between the "D" and "i" ; it won't let you!
6a. As soon as you form the string it changes it.
7. Try to type "Drive" in any profile name now, it will immediately convert it to "Dive".
8. Bonus: before engaging '007', change the name of your car to "Test Drive".
8a. After engaging '007', hit the "T" and look at the pop-up; it now says "Test Dive".
Also, notice on the 'Controls' screen that the "Driving" section is now the "Diving" section.