Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered my CPO. Happy New Year to me. 2015 differences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I just placed an order for an 2015 85D in Midnight silver mettalic with 10k miles. I test drove a 75D on Friday and was sold on the car and that particular color is stunning in person. Love how it changes colors in different lighting. I think it's a sweet deal for $72k as it has the below features/packages. I was debating this or a new 60D, but the better range, more features to me were more important than AP 2.0. Now, it comes with Nappa Leather Seats. How do they compare to the next Gen and premium seats being offered now? Is there anything else in a 2015 model I am missing compared to a 2016 model being offered now?
    1. Grey Metallic Paint
    2. All Glass Panoramic Roof
    3. 19" Wheels
    4. Black Leather Seats
    5. Matte Obeche Wood Décor
    6. Textile Headliner
    7. Supercharger Enabled
    8. Autopilot Hardware 1
    9. Subzero Weather Package
    10. Tech Package with Autopilot

The Tech Package adds Autopilot convenience features and more to an already advanced car.
    • Traffic-aware cruise control
    • Lane keeping with automatic steering
    • Self-parking
    • LED fog and cornering lights with automatic high beams
    • Automatic keyless entry
    • Lighted door handles
    • Power liftgate
    • Electrochromatic mirrors
    • Power folding, heated side mirrors with memory
    • GPS enabled Homelink

Last edited:
Reactions: GSP and ModelX
Sounds like a great car! How many miles on it? How'd you find it?

Sorry, forgot that important detail. Only 10,500k miles! It came on the CPO site on 12/20 and was grabbed on 12/29. I had my eye on it but didn't want to pull the trigger until I did a formal test drive which was scheduled for 12/30. I was really disappointed that I couldn't purchase it. Anyway, fast forward until this morning where I said to myself "Let me click on the bookmarked link, perhaps the original buyer backed out". Sure enough, it was available again! I snagged it within 5 minutes. It wasn't even listed back on Tesla's CPO inventory yet, but the direct link worked. It pays to keep those bookmarked! Now it shows unavailable again which makes sense. I am waiting from confirmation from my Sales advisor. The only bad thing is, I didn't check this yesterday, so there is a possibility I might have missed out on free supercharging for life by several hours. However, I don't plan on doing more than 1,000 of those miles anyway. I am hoping they can make an exception for me given the circumstances or perhaps there is some sort of grace period.

Now I have to see if I can find better insurance Geico (who is quoting me $650 more a year to replace my 2010 BMW 328, find a buyer for that 328 or trade it in, and find financing for 72 months.

Unfortunately, I do have to pay $2,000 to have it transported from Chicago to New York. My SA told me she does not recommend going to pick it up myself since it complicates the tax/registration of the vehicle and will end up costing me just as much.

You can get a different car and keep grandfathered in unlimited SC for 72hrs if you find another car after the deposit and keep unlimited if bought prior to 12/31.

Unlimited was only for 85 and up CPO so I was told. Not sure on this but what CPO manager told me.

We bought our CPO on 12/31 2015 85D Black/Black Nappa Pana with about the same options for 69,000. the car has 14k miles. So, we are close in price. We didn't get the Sub.

You can take delivery where evee the car is and save 2k.

Nice color too, congrats

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
You can get a different car and keep grandfathered in unlimited SC for 72hrs if you find another car after the deposit and keep unlimited if bought prior to 12/31.

Unlimited was only for 85 and up CPO so I was told. Not sure on this but what CPO manager told me.

We bought our CPO on 12/31 2015 85D Black/Black Nappa Pana with about the same options for 69,000. the car has 14k miles. So, we are close in price. We didn't get the Sub.

You can take delivery where evee the car is and save 2k.

Nice color too, congrats
Thanks! Yes, we chatted in another thread. DId you get the tech package also? sub-zero package was a must for me because I love the heated steering wheel. I tried it on my test drive and it works much better than my 2010 328xi, which I love to begin with. You got a good deal as well. Mine had 4k less miles and subzero and metallic paint, so that explains why mine was another $3500 more than yours. Although, there doesn't seem to be clear logic in the way some of the pricing is decided.

Black was my second color choice if I couldn't find a Metallic Midnight silver.

Thanks! Yes, we chatted in another thread. DId you get the tech package also? sub-zero package was a must for me because I love the heated steering wheel. I tried it on my test drive and it works much better than my 2010 328xi, which I love to begin with. You got a good deal as well. Mine had 4k less miles and subzero and metallic paint, so that explains why mine was another $3500 more than yours. Although, there doesn't seem to be clear logic in the way some of the pricing is decided.

Black was my second color choice if I couldn't find a Metallic Midnight silver.

Yea seems to be all over the place on pricing...my wife likes the Black which is why. Pearl was our 1st Choice. we found a 13 Pearl P85 19k miles with more options but 5k less and she likes newer car and less options.

Yes we have Tech package too and that's right about sub. we don't live in cold weather...

• Love
Reactions: mbhforum
Yea seems to be all over the place on pricing...my wife likes the Black which is why. Pearl was our 1st Choice. we found a 13 Pearl P85 19k miles with more options but 5k less and she likes newer car and less options.

Yes we have Tech package too and that's right about sub. we don't live in cold weather...
Did you talk to your SA about supercharging?

I recall seeing your car listed but didn't want anything without that subzero. We both got what we wanted. Sweet!

• Love
Reactions: Indpowr
I think our CPO's will be included in the free supercharging. all the talk is about new orders. I am sure eventually they will cut off CPO's as well though.

Well originally stated prior to 12am 12/31. we ordered at 1145pm haha

If ordered on 1/1 unsure the recent post seems to suggest new but sure CPO is included. It would have been nice to know vs. stress..

Well originally stated prior to 12am 12/31. we ordered at 1145pm haha

If ordered on 1/1 unsure the recent post seems to suggest new but sure CPO is included. It would have been nice to know vs. stress..

Well, Tesla just sent the official email, so I should be good as well. It was a grey area before. Realistically, I won't be using more than 1,000k miles anyway but it does help re-sell value as I read somewhere it's transferable.

• Informative
Reactions: Indpowr
Hi all,

I just placed an order for an 2015 85D in Midnight silver mettalic with 10k miles. I test drove a 75D on Friday and was sold on the car and that particular color is stunning in person. Love how it changes colors in different lighting. I think it's a sweet deal for $72k as it has the below features/packages. I was debating this or a new 60D, but the better range, more features to me were more important than AP 2.0. Now, it comes with Nappa Leather Seats. How do they compare to the next Gen and premium seats being offered now? Is there anything else in a 2015 model I am missing compared to a 2016 model being offered now?
<snip>
That's very similar to our car and we are VERY happy with it. The AP1 features are great, I'll be interested to see how long it takes AP2 to even match what AP1 has, much less get significantly better. Dual motors are a real improvement in handling and very nice in snow, and the winter package is quite useful, particularly the heated steering wheel.

The only thing I'm not totally happy with is the driver's seat. It's OK, but not great. The new seats seem better to me.

If you enjoy your car as much as we do, you'll be quite happy.

• Love
Reactions: mbhforum
Thanks all! My SA just confirmed I did grab the car. Make that a lesson for all of you CPO hunters out there to bookmark the cars you are considering and check the link even if it's sold because the deal can potentially fall through. You can even install a Chrome/Firefox extension to check the page for changes :) Now the fun part, unloading my 328XI, insurance shopping and finance shopping. It never got re-listed in inventory, so unless you checked the direct link, you would not have known.

I already priced out insurance with Ameriprise via Costco, Geico (my current carrier), State Farm and Allstate. Geico wants to raise my rates $650 a year from switching from my 328 to Tesla. The only one who was cheaper was Progressive, which is $325 more a year. So it looks like I am going through them.

If anyone has tips on lending (looking for a 72 month loan) and insurance, please let me know. The original trade in quote I got from Tesla on my 328xi was pretty low as expected, but fortunately, I know someone who is interested in the car and should be willing to pay me close to 2k more.