Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just picked up M3 today - buying more Tesla stock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not going to do another pros and cons thread. Just want to say the car has met all my expectations and then some. Fast, super handling, beautiful interior, high tech, no fit and finish issues whatsoever. The only problem Tesla is going to have is making them fast enough to meet demand. I bought it without getting a chance to drive it first- once enough M3s are out there and more people have seen and driven the car, the wait list is only going to get longer. Tesla really has a winner here. Buy more Tesla stock!

While it's great you love your car, and i'm sure many others do too, just because a company makes a good product is a pretty poor reason to buy it's stock. If Tesla gave everyone free upgrades to dual motor (or did something else that was crazy unprofitable), i'm sure you'd love the 3 even more - but would that mean you should buy even more stock? No, of course not - they would be losing money.

Not bashing Tesla at ALL, just trying to say that this thread seems incredibly "fanboy-esque" and I would encourage people to not make investment decisions based on singular data points, no matter how amazing the product may be.

Though it seems like many on here mention buying Tesla stock almost as a form of cheering for the company, so I guess there's that.

I'm cheering -- by buying more stock and my fourth Tesla. Both my kids are begging for these cars too. My son doesn't want to drive anything else...our poor Super Charged Miata sits unused in front of the house, Supercharged FJ cruiser same fate!
When I was kid I would have sold my sister to have a SC Miata or FJ!, I would actually given her away at no cost at one point (never have kids one year apart - too much "alpha dog syndrome".)

I had to drive the POS Ford LTD Station Wagon - however it did have other talents that I discovered later in the long hot summer of '85....

No doubt I'm a Capital T fanboy, and my S will continue flogging the competition, one stoplight at a time. "Tesla Grin", still going after five years of this and it never gets old. Even my wife who drives like Ms Daisy, likes crushing the stop light "competition". Couldn't believe my eyes the first time I saw her do it....

Not going to do another pros and cons thread. Just want to say the car has met all my expectations and then some. Fast, super handling, beautiful interior, high tech, no fit and finish issues whatsoever. The only problem Tesla is going to have is making them fast enough to meet demand. I bought it without getting a chance to drive it first- once enough M3s are out there and more people have seen and driven the car, the wait list is only going to get longer. Tesla really has a winner here. Buy more Tesla stock!
Enjoy your new car and congratulations. But don't buy the stock. You will get whip sawed....

I own no tesla stock so certainly cannot buy more. I will not be buying any tesla stock. I will however be purchasing a tesla model 3 if circumstances unfurl as I anticipate. Please do consider pumping the stock (tsla) in a forum better suited to your end game.

Thanks

Reactions: X Yes?
Sorry to those who viewed this as pumping the stock. My purpose was to point out that Tesla has again hit a home run with the Model 3. I think the car will sell like gangbusters. It is so much better than the Bolt, which I drove, and at this point is it’s main competition on the EV side. Far better than the BMW 3-Series we traded in, which also is a main competitor on the ICE side. I do absolutely want Tesla to succeed as a company, and just hope they can make these cars fast enough to keep up with demand, because based on what I see there will be even greater demand once more are out there.