Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just placed order yesterday, got call from Telsa today.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hearing of multiple people who reserved 4/1-4/2 getting invite on 6/27 and getting delivery dates in July, even though website says 2-4 month delivery.

I think they set the 2-5 month delivery window as stated for EVERYONE regardless of reservation date, but that they are continuing to match stock to early reservation holders...they have been holding back cars for 6+ weeks now so there should be quite an inventory.

Holy crap dude! I thought I was bad. Reserved online 2/14/18 and recieved my invite to configure today. Was going to keep that to myself but by comparison you are much better off. I’ll likely order tomorrow, here’s hoping I see you in Decatur soon!

This is bad news for Tesla's backlog of orders. Can they sell them all if they get production to $5,000+ units a week?

WTF is going on? My edit button disappeared! I just changed my color this am from red to white too!

Reserved date: 6/20/2018, ordered 7/28@ 2100. I haven't even had a chance to test drive my friend's car. I figured I had 72hr to cancel so might as well put in an order since I'm test driving my friend's car tomorrow. Guess my order is locked and ready..no VIN assigned.

Congrats to all now part of the excitement, regardless of reservation date!
I was surprised this week when the 'VIN assigned' email was received the day after ordering. Got my delivery date scheduled today.

Reserved: 3/31/2016 - online (pre-reveal)
Invited: 4/13/2018
Configured: 6/27/2018 [Metalic Silver, Aero, EAP, PUP, LR, RWD]
VIN Assigned 6/28/208 [336xx]
Delivery scheduled for July 26th (Baltimore, MD)

Reactions: Thunder7ga
WTF is going on? My edit button disappeared! I just changed my color this am from red to white too!

Reserved date: 6/20/2018, ordered 7/28@ 2100. I haven't even had a chance to test drive my friend's car. I figured I had 72hr to cancel so might as well put in an order since I'm test driving my friend's car tomorrow. Guess my order is locked and ready..no VIN assigned.

Ditto. Reserved July 2017, configured 6/28. Yesterday I could still edit, today I cant. The only difference is I added all my information....doubt that changed the ability for me to edit though.

Reserved 7/4/2018
Ordered 6/27 9:33 pm central time
Edit gone 6/28 sometime before 6:00 am
Call&email 6/29 to verify info had vin
Delivery 7/10 could have been 7/5 but that didn’t work with my schedule, I’m out of town.

Blue
RWD
Aero wheels
EAP

Vin 34232

I think they ramped up production, built alot of common RWD color configs, and have them available immediately for those who order the combo in stock. Simplest explanation.
Bingo. And let me expand. They built up an assortment in advance of 7/1 in order to preserve tax credit another quarter. Now that they are delivering that inventory, they are selling the assortment they have optimized by delivery logistics. So, if they had pre booked shipment capacity to GA, then they are going to use it with cars/colors in inventory. This creates some inequity in order/delivery queue, but they can’t optimize everything, and we should all be grateful for the gymnastics Tesla has done to extend the tax credit and save buyers half a billion!

Plus... if I were in Tesla’s shoes, I would make sure to ship a few “early surprises”. Those stories give hope and keep people ordering. Countering the endless wait stories.

I'm hearing of multiple people who reserved 4/1-4/2 getting invite on 6/27 and getting delivery dates in July, even though website says 2-4 month delivery.

I think they set the 2-5 month delivery window as stated for EVERYONE regardless of reservation date, but that they are continuing to match stock to early reservation holders...they have been holding back cars for 6+ weeks now so there should be quite an inventory.

Just got my call from Tesla and scheduled delivery July 13!!!!! I could have delivered a week earlier, but will be out of town.

Reserved 4/1/16
Invite 6/27/18
Config 6/28
Notified 6/30
Delivery 7/13

Blue, Aero 18s, PUP, EAP