Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just pulled off a 5,303 Coast to Coast and back Roadtrip in my Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just completed a 5,303 mile coast to coast road trip in my Telsa Model 3. Went from Laguna Niguel CA all the way to Atlanta, GA using all Super Chargers (no L2 used) the entire way. I was very happy with the experience. There was a "Tesla Void" between El Paso, Tx and Mississippi where I saw like 2 other Tesla's that entire segment. It costs me about $95 each way in charging costs. I do amateur photography so I also did some photo excursions. I did a detailed you tube video on it if anyone is interested which explains route and how I planned. It includes clips of each charger stop along the way.

I did EAP about 85% of the trip. It worked well except for two cases involving traffic barrels and cones where I had to take control at the last second.

Video of the trip is at:

Its a bit long but you get skip to the Bottom Line Up front and the summary at the end to get my insights.

Great summary of an extended trip. Super photography.
I totally agree with your advice " Cautious planning ahead, then execute real time."
We are in North Jersey & wanted a silver Model 3 (business purposes), but Tesla stopped production of silver. Our Tesla Rep, Jaimie Long, in Paramus NJ did a great job of finding one in a Gallery in Westmont, Illinois so we flew out, picked it up & drove 800 miles to NJ.
Since it was our first time in the car we were glad that did advance planning, but as our confidence and familiarity with the car grew we became more comfortable 'winging it'.
Wonderful car for a longer trip, plus you meet some neat people at the SC along the way.