Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just sayin'

ZachShahan

Dec 3, 2014
Sarasota, FL / Wroclaw, Poland
Every time I look at a nosecone/grill now, it is irritating and looks out of place. Model S, Porsche Cayenne, BMW i3, Volvo XC90 T8, Ford Fusion Energi, and so many others...

Oy, Tesla, you've ruined me to something else now. :p

Aljohn

Oct 17, 2014
Georgia
I think it is a matter of taste.... One of the objections I have heard and agree with was the black out on the Model S... It is a challenge... We are "accustomed" to seeing a conventional "grill", so seeing anything else seems "incomplete"...

I prefer the color coordinated front better than the Black.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
I prefer the color coordinated front better than the Black.
IIRC, some Model S buyers chose black as the exterior paint color partly because of the matching aspect. Also, some had the nose cone wrapped to match another paint color.

Canuck

Nov 30, 2013
South Surrey, BC
Every time I look at a nosecone/grill now, it is irritating and looks out of place. Model S, Porsche Cayenne, BMW i3, Volvo XC90 T8, Ford Fusion Energi, and so many others...

Oy, Tesla, you've ruined me to something else now. :p

I assume you're referring to the Model X? If so, I agree 100%.

Nigel Tufnel

Oct 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
I love it too, but would probably add a subtle after-market touch:

nose.jpg

Tyl

Jun 26, 2013
Phoenix East Valley
It took me a little while... a few hours... I now love the new front end styling of the Model X. The more I look at the Model X nose styling, the more outta place other vehicles look with their grills and statement noses, smily face front ends, kidney nose looks etc. Way to go Tesla in your styling! Looks new, fresh, futuristic, exciting. Other SUV's look goofy by comparison. Heck, most other cars look goofy by comparison now!!!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC