Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just thanks all contributors here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SteelClouds

Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2021
CA
I picked up a used 2019 Model 3( slightly at 11K miles ) a few weeks ago and was a bit distressed that the 100% charge was only 200 miles. After reading more than a few threads here, I did some work of charging, running the battery down.. letting it sit.. charging back to 80%.. rinse repeat.. charge to 90%.. let sit.. rinse repeat and tonight in prepping for a longish run tomorrow, I set it to charge to 100%.. max is now 218 miles and inching up from the 200 it was when I brought it home. I've been warned that I will never see the 250 but it's better than it was two weeks ago :). And I call that a win.. So to everybody who takes the time to post and write up their experiences, thank you

Just remember that the guess-o-meter display on the screen isn’t the same as the amount of power stored in the batteries. Having the guess-o-meter displaying 20 miles less than you think it should doesn’t mean that you’ll actually be able to drive 20 miles less.

Frankly, my advice would be to stop obsessing over what the screen says, follow Tesla’s charging advice, and go enjoy the car. My car has shown a full charge range of (looking back at the statistics) between 320 miles and 275 miles over the last 45000 miles, without any noticeable change in how far I can actually drive.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I gave up worrying about it already. The max miles will change up and down constantly even with n real time since it’s a bland of so many factors.

It would be nice if you could do a true reset easily though, like resetting your average mpg in a ICE vehicle, but I imagine the algorithm is a lot more nuanced.

Temperature and driving in sport mode all the time make the most difference for me. I haven’t seen 290+ at 💯 since my first week of ownership.

Reactions: Frank99
Just remember that the guess-o-meter display on the screen isn’t the same as the amount of power stored in the batteries. Having the guess-o-meter displaying 20 miles less than you think it should doesn’t mean that you’ll actually be able to drive 20 miles less.

Frankly, my advice would be to stop obsessing over what the screen says, follow Tesla’s charging advice, and go enjoy the car. My car has shown a full charge range of (looking back at the statistics) between 320 miles and 275 miles over the last 45000 miles, without any noticeable change in how far I can actually drive.
In general, I agree with this; but then again, if I had only 200 estimated miles of range, I'd worry a bit just like the OP.