Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just Upgraded to X from S. What do I need to know?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have autopresenting doors. The door auto closes from the inside, is there a way to do this from the outside with the all door key fob option off? (Or do I have to press the handle, which feels awkward) I assume auto walk away close is only with the self presenting option?

Anything else I need to know/learn?

Bonus question. Two small kids and I'm opting to put both cat seats in 3rd row (6 seater). Any method to the madness for anyone else?

I have my two car seats in the 3rd row (7 seater). I like my X better than the S. part is the autopilot I did not have on S. I Will say X seems much less efficient with battery. On the S when I drove 40 miles battery would drop about 40 miles. In the X I notice I loose a good 10-20 miles more when driving 40 miles

I don't have autopresenting doors. The door auto closes from the inside, is there a way to do this from the outside with the all door key fob option off? (Or do I have to press the handle, which feels awkward) I assume auto walk away close is only with the self presenting option?

Anything else I need to know/learn?

Bonus question. Two small kids and I'm opting to put both cat seats in 3rd row (6 seater). Any method to the madness for anyone else?
You have seats for your cats?:p

Seriously, why would you put the seats in the third row? Then you can't load the kids (or cats) easily, and can't fold the seats down for extra cargo or groceries ( I'm thinking Costco-size paper towels and TP).

Seriously, why would you put the seats in the third row? Then you can't load the kids (or cats) easily, and can't fold the seats down for extra cargo or groceries ( I'm thinking Costco-size paper towels and TP).

My wife just informed me.... I just didn't want to have to move them back and forth when people get in
There's a thread called "what you didn't know about Model X". Good stuff there.
Thanks!

I have the kids in the third row because I then have a very comfortable sedan during the day if I need to take people anywhere (lunch, meetings, etc).

More than enough space in the car in the back, under the back shelf, up front and on the floor in the second row if I need it.