Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just wow....and not in a good way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 fully paid for, insurance arranged, time off work for delivery slot, EV chargepoint lined up for install, car due for delivery 2.30pm tomorrow! Getting excited, until....email received from Tesla 2 hours ago to say there was a 'slight logistics delay' and my car was unlikely to arrive tomorrow, in fact no new date can be given. I need to wait for a call tomorrow morning for further details.

If someone is waiting on a LRAWD, Midnight Silver, Black leather, you may be in for a nice surprise and jump the queue, as if it's not delivered as promised tomorrow, I'm cancelling. Drastic after all this, but I expect a better experience before handing over £50,000. Maybe look again in a couple of years....

Model 3 fully paid for, insurance arranged, time off work for delivery slot, EV chargepoint lined up for install, car due for delivery 2.30pm tomorrow! Getting excited, until....email received from Tesla 2 hours ago to say there was a 'slight logistics delay' and my car was unlikely to arrive tomorrow, in fact no new date can be given. I need to wait for a call tomorrow morning for further details.

If someone is waiting on a LRAWD, Midnight Silver, Black leather, you may be in for a nice surprise and jump the queue, as if it's not delivered as promised tomorrow, I'm cancelling. Drastic after all this, but I expect a better experience before handing over £50,000. Maybe look again in a couple of years....

Am gutted for you, I'd be raging! Do try and stick with it though, you've come this far and surely you'd like to think you'll be priority after being messed about.

Reactions: Roy W.

Don't take it too personally this is called the Tesla final stretch, they just want to make sure you really really want the car, give them a few days and then cancel!

Don't take it too personally this is called the Tesla final stretch, they just want to make sure you really really want the car, give them a few days and then cancel!

If a delivery delay causes you to cancel any car, it’s a bit drastic and only harms yourself, no one else.

a couple of days delay is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

My thoughts as well.

Having never purchased a new car I haven't had the VIP treatment, I understand for many people the process is just as important. Personally I would rather Tesla spent the money on developing the cars rather than the showrooms. I believe the recent announcement to Streamline the retail environment is positive, as long as it's not due to dire cashflow issues.

I like to support the underdog so I can bear it, Tow bar and all. It is early adopter phase of a disruptive company, it does feel like kickstarter rather than funding a rolex for a chap in a smart suit.

Hopefully if you stick it out the car will make up for the pain of the sales and logistics. However, don't beat yourself up if taking a trial separation is going to stop you from losing your mind!

Good luck ;)

ya'know a logistics delay could be down the trucks transporting your car... something entirely outside of their control.

other manufacturers have this too. Hell, i ordered 2 CNC mills from the US only to have trump shut down the government for a month! that's a logistics delay outside of the manufacturer's control.

have a snickers, make a brew and chill out.

or... you know, cancel and drive about in an ICE looking at the back end of the rest of us :)

'Logistics delay' may also translate into 'damaged in transit' when it happens this close to delivery.

Personally I'd wait until you've spoken to them and see what the story is.

Frustrating as it is, I'd rather have a good one as soon as they can get it rather than pressure them to do a rushed fix on the one they originally had for you if it is a damage situation...

While not a good thing, and while Tesla should have explained in more detail what caused the delay (e.g., could be the transport vehicle was involved in an accident or something outside of Tesla's control), canceling in rage seems a bit excessive. Did you call your delivery agent and ask for more details?

In the UK we don't get delivery agents, just an email that never answers & a phone line that can keep you on hold for an hour..

Truth is cancelling at this point is giving up at the last hurdle.. After all the delays and false information and having to look in website source code for any grain of information, 90% of the stress is behind you at the point you have a delivery date.

Reactions: EVMeister

This happens all the time. You will be happier going in expecting a snafu rather than thinking delivery be perfect. If you are expecting perfection from a customer service perspective, Tesla is not the company for you. Having said that, the Model 3 is worth the slight hassle. Nothing you can buy as an alternative will be as fun. Cheers.

If you did your research, prior to ordering, this is NOT unusual. Patience wins the long race. I had my delivery change 3 times. Bottom line: Money in the bank! I know you’re anxious to get behind the wheel. All GOOD things to those that wait! Kick back, enjoy a pint or 2, maybe 4(?):confused: JOY is coming! :p

Reactions: VT_EE
I wonder if it’s anything todo with the stormy weather that we have been having lately and transporting cars to their final delivery destination point - logistics, it can be affected by the simplest and unexpected things! Keep cool.

Tesla just called (as they said they would), and the car is now at Dartford and ready for pick up as planned this afternoon. Someone really pulled out all the stops for this. They said the problem was one of transport/logistics (not car damage), and they managed to get the car prioritized overnight.
Clearly helped to follow up with a stroppy email/call when you're messed about.

All back on track, and counting the minutes now!

Tesla just called (as they said they would), and the car is now at Dartford and ready for pick up as planned this afternoon. Someone really pulled out all the stops for this. They said the problem was one of transport/logistics (not car damage), and they managed to get the car prioritized overnight.

Great news, enjoy your afternoon!

Reactions: dst87

That's great news! Looking forward to your review plus lots of photos!