TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Kansas Insurance for Model S

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Chaitu, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Chaitu

Chaitu Member

Hello,
    Anyone from Kansas, Kansas city ? which insurance are you with? I am being quoted >2000 a year for some decent coverage on my Model S. Any Insurance agents referrals would be great. Thank you.

2. Fluke

Fluke Member

Not sure which companies you have tried, but try Progressive. There are a lot of variables (age, driving record, even credit score), but also ways to reduce premiums. Try to get multi-car discount, home or renter insurance with the same company discount, etc. There are also some companies that don't seem to want to insure some models - I had Liberty Mutual for one car, but their rate on the Model S for me was much worse than Progressive.

3. Chaitu

Chaitu Member

Metlife(3600), Progressive(1900), Statefarm(1600), esurance(2400), Geico(3700) , all with $1000 deductibles, Going to get Statefarm considering they have better reputation and cheaper price. Need to check with Ameriprise, liberty mutual, American family insurance etc.

4. Bill Rowlen

Bill Rowlen New Member

Hello - I'm a local Insurance Agency owner (Leawood, KS) as well as a new Model S owner. Insurance policies are so personalized to the individual situation but happy to share what I did. Our agency represents a number of different companies (Chubb, Safeco, Travelers, Nationwide, Progressive etc) but I have my personal insurance through Nationwide Private Client which is a subsidiary of Nationwide. It's one of the better policies on the market since coverage includes guaranteed new car replacement in a total loss situation, all Tesla parts for repair work, full glass coverage, etc etc...I have $500,000 combined single limit liability, $1,000 deductibles for comp and collision, multi-car, multi-policy discounts and my rate is $990 per year for that vehicle on my policy. Harmony from the Kansas City store has referred a few other new Tesla customers to our agency and I know my team was able to save them quite a bit of money by reviewing their insurance portfolio. For me personally, I feel better with the new car replacement feature so I found a policy that had that.

Happy to talk about any aspects of insuring a Tesla as part of your portfolio.