TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Kansas Insurance for Model S

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Chaitu, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Chaitu

Chaitu Member

Hello,
    Anyone from Kansas, Kansas city ? which insurance are you with? I am being quoted >2000 a year for some decent coverage on my Model S. Any Insurance agents referrals would be great. Thank you.

2. Fluke

Fluke Member

Not sure which companies you have tried, but try Progressive. There are a lot of variables (age, driving record, even credit score), but also ways to reduce premiums. Try to get multi-car discount, home or renter insurance with the same company discount, etc. There are also some companies that don't seem to want to insure some models - I had Liberty Mutual for one car, but their rate on the Model S for me was much worse than Progressive.

3. Chaitu

Chaitu Member

Metlife(3600), Progressive(1900), Statefarm(1600), esurance(2400), Geico(3700) , all with $1000 deductibles, Going to get Statefarm considering they have better reputation and cheaper price. Need to check with Ameriprise, liberty mutual, American family insurance etc.