Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kathy Griffin is the victim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't want to watch the press conference but it's like a train wreck, I couldn't look away :)
I found it quite amusing. She blamed old white men, misogyny, bullying, her own stupidity oops I must have added that oneo_O
Only in America can you hold up the " decapitated head" of the president and then complain that person is bullying you.:eek:

Reactions: oktane
Mike Huckabee said it best when he said, old white men are not to blame, there is only one old white woman to blame, and if you want to know who it is take a look in the mirror.

Sometimes the left believe their own bullshit so much, that they are caught off guard when it turns out not everyone shares the same viewpoint as them. She probably secretly thought she was going to be applauded for this stunt.

Just sick. Really sick how someone would think doing such a horrible thing was okay. Going after a young, innocent child. And now she's the victim. Yep, glad the sponsors dropped her. Hopefully others out there thinking of doing similar gestures (e.g. Colbert) will stop and think before they behave like moral fools.

Reactions: mknox and oktane
Why is this on the Tesla Forum?

I suppose people want to express themselves and there is no other venue.
I signed up for Twitter .... but have yet to post a statement.

I read PriusChat daily until I got interested in Tesla. I grew weary of threads like:
What did you name your Prius?
What did you do for your C today?
and the best, We haven't had a cat post in a while.
Then there is Fred's House of Pancakes ... I never understood why it was on PC.

Why is this on the Tesla Forum?

I suppose people want to express themselves and there is no other venue.
I signed up for Twitter .... but have yet to post a statement.

I read PriusChat daily until I got interested in Tesla. I grew weary of threads like:
What did you name your Prius?
What did you do for your C today?
and the best, We haven't had a cat post in a while.
Then there is Fred's House of Pancakes ... I never understood why it was on PC.

Tesla Motors Club is a website used by people with an interest in Tesla.

FHOP and Off Topic forums exist to give forum members the freedom to become a community. People, being people, have broader interests than the forum's main topic.

• Love
Reactions: Piney999 and oktane
Why then, isn't there a separate Tesla website for members to become a community of off-topic topics?

Before you point it out .... I know, I do not have to look at the sites .... and I don't. And, in truth, I have little interest in some of the pure Tesla sites.

Thanks ... we need not discuss it further.

Why do the "right" always point out what's wrong with the "left", and the "left" always points out what's wrong with the "right"?

Can't we all just be adults and not generalize a whole political spectrum of people into one stereotypical blanket statement?

I guess I'm asking too much...

• Love
Reactions: swaltner and bonnie
Perfect example of what is wrong with the left. They are the victim even when they start it. They are the victim when they victimize others. She is one of the most disgusting individuals on the planet, and not at all funny. She must have a mental illness.

Well summed up below:

Tucker: Kathy Griffin Is 'Perfect Embodiment of What the Modern Left Believes'

Mike Huckabee said it best when he said, old white men are not to blame, there is only one old white woman to blame, and if you want to know who it is take a look in the mirror.

Sometimes the left believe their own bullshit so much, that they are caught off guard when it turns out not everyone shares the same viewpoint as them. She probably secretly thought she was going to be applauded for this stunt.

I don't think anyone here would ever accuse me of a victim mentality. Let's stop wth the name-calling, okay? It's truly hard to have a real discussion when people want to just dismiss a different political belief by painting with that paintbrush.

But here are some labels for you and a little more info than you asked for ... I'm glad to say I'm progressive left. I'm also a feminist. I'm a parent who loves her children more than I value my own life & I believe in pro-choice. I support gay rights, because I just can't fathom why anyone should care who another person loves. I'm also a gun owner (and fairly proficient :) ), but believe we need better gun control in place. I've earned my own living through life & every penny I have is from the work I've done - but I donate to those less fortunate. I recognize that my life has been easier than some because I was gifted with a good education and born in a country with opportunity. I'd like to see more given the chance I've been given. I'm not vegan, but I aspire to be a better person. And I was disgusted by Kathy Griffin, who clearly stepped over a line. Just as I'm disgusted by people like Ted Nugent who called for the assassination of the president (and was subsequently invited to the WH by the next president).

So lay off proclaiming what is 'wrong with the left'. No one here is a victim. And perhaps you got it right when you said that "some believe their own bullshit so much, that they are caught off guard when it turns out not everyone shares the same viewpoint." Points for self-awareness :).

I don't think anyone here would ever accuse me of a victim mentality. Let's stop wth the name-calling, okay? It's truly hard to have a real discussion when people want to just dismiss a different political belief by painting with that paintbrush.

But here are some labels for you and a little more info than you asked for ... I'm glad to say I'm progressive left. I'm also a feminist. I'm a parent who loves her children more than I value my own life & I believe in pro-choice. I support gay rights, because I just can't fathom why anyone should care who another person loves. I'm also a gun owner (and fairly proficient :) ), but believe we need better gun control in place. I've earned my own living through life & every penny I have is from the work I've done - but I donate to those less fortunate. I recognize that my life has been easier than some because I was gifted with a good education and born in a country with opportunity. I'd like to see more given the chance I've been given. I'm not vegan, but I aspire to be a better person. And I was disgusted by Kathy Griffin, who clearly stepped over a line. Just as I'm disgusted by people like Ted Nugent who called for the assassination of the president (and was subsequently invited to the WH by the next president).

So lay off proclaiming what is 'wrong with the left'. No one here is a victim. And perhaps you got it right when you said that "some believe their own bullshit so much, that they are caught off guard when it turns out not everyone shares the same viewpoint." Points for self-awareness :).

Well written post. I actually agree with most of your viewpoints. I'm not hard left or right, but can't stand the toxic media environment and its disrespect for our sitting President. As a fellow gun owner, I believe in responsible ownership. I do not agree with Democratic laws that will not prevent deaths (magazine round limits, banning "evil features", making CCW illegal in certain public places) for obvious reasons - criminals don't follow laws. They only impede people like you and I who care about law and order and have something to lose.

I despise the radical left who suppress free speech they do not agree with. Take UC Berkeley, where democrats behave as fascists, silencing speech they find offensive with violence and justify it by calling it "hate speech". That is mind boggling to me.

As Americans we have more in common than differences. Here's to working together without toxicity and respecting the Constitution as our forefathers intended it.

Reactions: Chopr147
Well written post. I actually agree with most of your viewpoints. I'm not hard left or right

The rest of your talking points below seem to disagree with your assessment above ;)

but can't stand the toxic media environment and its disrespect for our sitting President. As a fellow gun owner, I believe in responsible ownership. I do not agree with Democratic laws that will not prevent deaths (magazine round limits, banning "evil features", making CCW illegal in certain public places) for obvious reasons - criminals don't follow laws. They only impede people like you and I who care about law and order and have something to lose.

I despise the radical left who suppress free speech they do not agree with. Take UC Berkeley, where democrats behave as fascists, silencing speech they find offensive with violence and justify it by calling it "hate speech". That is mind boggling to me.

As Americans we have more in common than differences. Here's to working together without toxicity and respecting the Constitution as our forefathers intended it.

Nugent who called for the assassination of the president (and was subsequently invited to the WH by the next president).

Do we need to go over who O invited to WH?
Ya see that's just it. You make good points but then just can't help yourself from knocking Trump. Maybe just the knee jerk reaction from a progressive.

but can't stand the toxic media environment and its disrespect for our sitting President.
Apparently this makes you hard right (According to MaX)

Do we need to go over who O invited to WH?
Ya see that's just it. You make good points but then just can't help yourself from knocking Trump. Maybe just the knee jerk reaction from a progressive.

I'm absolutely positive your reading comprehension is such that you fully understood I was saying that I was disgusted by all of the things I listed (and of course, much more). I was not revisiting or knocking Trump. I was saying we ALL should be disgusted by these things. And I know you understood it. Drop the defensiveness and join the conversation. It's nice over here. :)

Reactions: thx1139