Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keep an air compressor and or flat repair kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a heads up. Due to the weight of the vehicle, driving on the x with a flat for even a short distance will likely result in rim or tire damage. If possible, I highly recommend you carry a small compressor or a repair kit to at least get you to the side of the road where you can either wait for repair or get home.

Also Tesla’s wait time is over several hours for most places, good luck waiting for them

I have had three nails in different situations . I always carry a compressor.
First was a few kilometers from home. The tire was flat. Inflated the tire twice as the warning on the dash appeared. Reached home and plugged it.
Twice on a long trip. Again the compressor was a life saver till I reached the repair shop. It was a long weekend and I kept the tire inflated over the weekend as it was not possible for me to plug it .
For a long trip I carry compressor, repair kit, a jack and a wrench.
For local at home trips air compressor a must.

• Informative
Reactions: Bill135
Great tip. My TPM warning came on a couple of weeks ago alerting me to low pressure in one of my tires. I have a tire gauge and confirmed that one tire was low and the others were just on the cusp of reading low. This required me to drive to a gas station. Would have been nice to top up the pressure from the comfort of my garage.