Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kenriko Chrome Delete Kit: Show off your tips and pictures here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More pictures of black matrix on MSM, outside sun

A little grey but it matches the aero wheels so it looks pretty good

Attachments

• 2019-08-19 (1).jpg
    2019-08-19 (1).jpg
    971.1 KB · Views: 473
  • 2019-08-19 (2).jpg
    2019-08-19 (2).jpg
    817.1 KB · Views: 413
  • 2019-08-19 (3).jpg
    2019-08-19 (3).jpg
    761.3 KB · Views: 430
  • 2019-08-19.jpg
    2019-08-19.jpg
    714.3 KB · Views: 409
Some great looking installs. I agree with starting with passenger side first. Follow up pic of my top trim after reheating longer and holding it down. That did the trick and looks perfect I’m 99% happy with my install so far and 100% happy with Kenriko’s kit. I’m def ordering another one as backup when more batches are made....just to have in case a piece gets damaged/scratched somehow.

D1EF280A-44F9-41FF-8B5C-670177FE549D.jpeg

Reactions: tracksyde
I’m def ordering another one as backup when more batches are made....just to have in case a piece gets damaged/scratched somehow.

View attachment 444136

Hmm that's a good idea. I've had the passenger front lower trim replaced twice now due to scratches that came out of nowhere so it seems a common spot for damage. It's awesome the kit comes with 3x mirror pieces... maybe Kenriko will offer a-la-carte at some point in the future but I think I'll do the same and just order a backup kit.

PS - good looking installs you guys. Nice clean lines!

Im also interested in what it looks like on pearl white with 18" aero's w/o the covers. I'm almost thinking the Matrix Black would compliment the aero wheels perfectly but somewhat worried that the contrast with the white paint wouldn't look as good as Satin Black with aeros...even though the aeros arent black. Pics or Opinions would be appreciated, its keeping me up at night. :p

Also, what hot air gun do you guys recommend? I saw a bunch on Amazon but would welcome suggestions! thanks in advance you guys!

I had mine done by a local shop, with no kit of any kind. I supplied the carbon fiber wrap (Vvivid BLACK TECH ART GLOSS CARBON) and a technician did all of the work, Sure, it costs more, but the results are much better than the DIY route.

View attachment 444805 View attachment 444806 View attachment 444807 View attachment 444808 View attachment 444809 View attachment 444810 View attachment 444811

Not really sure what you’re trying to say. The results are much better than what you can do DIY? Because a DIY’er can certainly get professional level results with this kit. I’m super picky and looking at how mine came out so far....I’d be satisfied if it was a job I paid someone over $500 to do...or whatever the going rate is.

I had mine done by a local shop, with no kit of any kind. I supplied the carbon fiber wrap (Vvivid BLACK TECH ART GLOSS CARBON) and a technician did all of the work, Sure, it costs more, but the results are much better than the DIY route.

View attachment 444805 View attachment 444806 View attachment 444807 View attachment 444808 View attachment 444809 View attachment 444810 View attachment 444811

This thread is specifically for Kenriko's chrome delete kit pics and tips. There are other chrome delete threads that your pics may be more appropriate in.

(BTW, you may want to take it back and have those seams on the side-mirror fixed. Also the inside corner on the driver side rear trim seems to have a huge bubble.)

Real dbag move to come in this thread and give a big f u to kenriko. His kit is awesome and at a superb price point. The example shown by other are perfect and just as good as those who pay 800+. What’s your motive. Want to show off your cf tape. Make a thread.

It's funny... I replied to this thread saying this guy is just trolling and reported him, yet the mods deleted my post instead of his. Seems like there's favoritism/protection because he's a "sponsor"?

Last edited:
You must have been their first Tesla. The mirror job looks pretty poor. Kenriko's mirror template is much cleaner, and everything else also looks on par with a professional job. I had a shop do mine too, but if this kit was an option at the time, I would have gone the DIY route 100%.

Ok, I'm sold. I'll be ordering when they become available again.

Thoughts on matrix or satin for multi-coat red? I'm leaning towards satin. Is it darker than the matrix?

I haven't seen either in person yet (when used for chrome delete), but we have the matrix on our console. It is more of a matte gray-ish look from afar. It looks like a solid color from about 3 feet away, but up close you see the matrix pattern. From what I've been reading, matrix is more forgiving (which falls in line with my experience) and minimizes the look of imperfections. Satin is darker, but is stretchier (so you have to be more careful about not stretching it) and shows imperfections more.

Thanks for that SoCalMom! The way you describe the matrix is what it looks like to me on Kenriko's site. Hmm, I've installed several sets of the console wraps, so feel somewhat comfortable with the process. But easier and more forgiving is certainly of value. But if the satin is darker, I'm sure I will like the look of it better than the matrix.

Other opinions (especially Kenriko's) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for that SoCalMom! The way you describe the matrix is what it looks like to me on Kenriko's site. Hmm, I've installed several sets of the console wraps, so feel somewhat comfortable with the process. But easier and more forgiving is certainly of value. But if the satin is darker, I'm sure I will like the look of it better than the matrix.

Other opinions (especially Kenriko's) would be greatly appreciated.

The pictures of the red model 3 on kenriko's chrome delete page is the matrix black in bright sunlight. Its more of a grey in bright sunlight, dark grey/black in lowlight situations. The texture and look is amazing. Might look a little off if you have the tesla 19" silver rims but fits perfectly with the stock 18" aeros

Ok, I'm sold. I'll be ordering when they become available again.

Thoughts on matrix or satin for multi-coat red? I'm leaning towards satin. Is it darker than the matrix?

I'm partial to Matrix myself, I have Satin on one side of my car and Matrix on the other. Eventually, it'll all be Matrix but I filmed the installs with Satin.

P3D+ Matrix Chrome Delete + Anthracite Grey Wheels. : teslamotors

@Kenriko

When will you have more in? I need the satin black one

About a week.

--------------------------------

I'm going to stay out of the flamewar. o_O

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy