Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kenriko Chrome Delete Kit: Show off your tips and pictures here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the kit. I’m excited to install it, but haven’t been able to find a block of free time (travel / kids).

I’m impressed by the quality that I’ve seen others post. Can’t wait to get this on my 3 (MSM aero w/o caps).

Philosophical question for Kenriko... why are you planning to release the template vector files? For your effort in designing this kit, it’s fair that you are compensated. Aren’t you concerned that others will steal your IP and sell them to under cut your price?

Reactions: tracksyde
I bought the kit. I’m excited to install it, but haven’t been able to find a block of free time (travel / kids).

I’m impressed by the quality that I’ve seen others post. Can’t wait to get this on my 3 (MSM aero w/o caps).

Philosophical question for Kenriko... why are you planning to release the template vector files? For your effort in designing this kit, it’s fair that you are compensated. Aren’t you concerned that others will steal your IP and sell them to under cut your price?

They most certainly will knock it off and I have some horror stories of downright evil things other vendors have done to our business. However it’s better for everyone if there is a quality template available.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Ya'll got any more of them.. Chrome Delete install photos?!?

Last edited:
Ya'll got any more of them.. Chrome Delete install photos?!?

Considering it's Shitpost Sunday over on /r/teslamotors I thought I would have seen some photos posted for that sweet, sweet Reddit karma. :p

I got the mirrors done yesterday (used all the top pieces trying to get them under the black triangle, so i might be inquiring about purchasing replacements in the future to try again when i have some more experience) and am doing the rest of the pieces today, so more pictures coming soon!

This was my first time doing anything with vinyl, so I think the kit is very noob friendly.

Attachments

• IMG_1398.jpg
    IMG_1398.jpg
    340.6 KB · Views: 297
Started with handles last night and got passenger side door trim installed. Messed up my first handle by redoing it too many times and stretching it out.

Will have a bunch of tips once I finish everything else. Make sure you have a heat gun!

Attachments

• IMG_20190825_103155.jpg
    IMG_20190825_103155.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 244
IMG_1425.jpg
Much better! Still a 4x4, but it is kind of nice being able to go up driveways as a daily driver.

The other pieces were incredibly easy compared to the mirrors. I probably want to redo some of them at some point, but I will wait for gloss black to be available first.

Last edited:
Much better! Still a 4x4, but it is kind of nice being able to go up driveways as a daily driver.

The other pieces were incredibly easy compared to the mirrors. I probably want to redo some of them at some point, but I will wait for gloss black to be available first.

You can do ~0.75 in of drop and still clear your average parking space stopper. Food for thought. ;)

Reactions: Jbss
Appreciate the pictures of the success stories! Keep em coming! On a related note, any mishaps that anyone wants to share so that those of us who have yet to do this know what to look for and avoid?

Not really a mishap since I was able to fix it with heat as per Kenriko’s rec. but if you read my post on the first page...I mentioned some tips.

They most certainly will knock it off and I have some horror stories of downright evil things other vendors have done to our business. However it’s better for everyone if there is a quality template available.
I commend you for that, Kenriko. I was scouring the web trying to find a template for the repeaters, but I cant find anything. I have no intentions of selling and/or undercutting any company producing these kits. I ordered a roll of 2" x 50' matte black and a sheet of 1' x 5' matte black and plan on trying to do this by myself. But having a template would certainly make it easier. If I don't like how mine comes out, I'll end up ordering this kit.

I picked up my demo red P3D on Wednesday. I know I want to buy the next batch, but I also want to do tint and PPF. The shop that does the tint also will handle the PPF. If I'm going to do the chrome delete myself, should I do it before or after the PPF or will it matter?

I picked up my demo red P3D on Wednesday. I know I want to buy the next batch, but I also want to do tint and PPF. The shop that does the tint also will handle the PPF. If I'm going to do the chrome delete myself, should I do it before or after the PPF or will it matter?

It shouldn't matter but I'd personally do it after. Some shops will remove the side cameras when they do PPF so it'll be better if it's not wrapped yet.