Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kenriko Chrome Delete Kit: Show off your tips and pictures here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got around to doing this project! I got the satin black kit. I opted to leave the door handles uncovered because I didn't love the idea of touching the wraps every day, and I actually like the pop of chrome on the doors. I also picked up red T logos for the cameras from Etsy. It probably took me around 6 hours.

I did all my learning on the passenger side and have slight tears in the pass T3 and T4 pieces. I will probably be requesting some 1-ups soon ...

View attachment 469740 View attachment 469741

Very nice. We’ve got you covered on the 1ups. Just make sure you get requests in today because we’re sending out all of the recently requested replacements this weekend to get caught up.

I'm so conflicted. I have a blue P3D+ coming soon (whenever deliveries start up again) and am planning on getting the Tsportline TSS wheels in matte or gloss black. What do you all think would look better with it? Matte wheels with satin or matrix delete? Or gloss wheels and find some gloss delete? Or some other combination?

I'm so conflicted. I have a blue P3D+ coming soon (whenever deliveries start up again) and am planning on getting the Tsportline TSS wheels in matte or gloss black. What do you all think would look better with it? Matte wheels with satin or matrix delete? Or gloss wheels and find some gloss delete? Or some other combination?

If the wheels are gloss I'd go with Satin.

I think Matrix Black (essentially matte) would look off with gloss wheels.

Not exactly the same, but I plastidip'd my rims and they are a more matte black appearance with the Matrix Black chrome delete.
IMG-2999.JPG
IMG-2998.JPG

Reactions: GoingVerde
@Kenriko I have the exact same issue on both passenger and driver side T3 pieces. I guess there is more of a gap here between the chrome and rubber so there is nothing to tuck into. I keep tucking it in as tightly as I can against the back of the chrome, but it always pops back up. What do you suggest?

It's not visible at all when you look at the car from the side, but if I tiptoe and look down at the car, I can see it. Or if I'm loading groceries into the trunk, I can see it.

Please excuse the dusty car, it's been a week since the last car wash.

Passenger side:
IMG_4027.jpg

Driver side:
IMG_4028.jpg

I struggled with T4 again last week, but halfway through the process, I found the perfect tool for tucking into my extremely tight trim. It's a blackhead extractor. I assure you it is not even close to touching the paint, even though the picture makes it look like it is. This made the process so much easier, but I wish I had thought of it sooner. My orange plastic blade slipped out on me a few times when I was trying to tuck and nicked the vinyl in one tiny place right near the rear view mirror. And along to top of T4, I was pushing down on the blade so hard, I actually cut the vinyl so there's a tiny piece missing. I know I can request a 1up, but I really don't want to do this piece again. It looks flawless from almost every angle. I found it best to first try to tuck with the plastic razor, then use the blackhead extractor. If I tried to rely solely on the extractor, the surface area of the metal is too small and there's too much resistance from the tucking...so it stretches the vinyl a bit with each tuck and due to the small surface area of the metal, it creates a wavy-ish looking tuck. Which according to my husband he can't see at all with his eyes, but I think I can feel it if I run my fingers along the top.

IMG_3939.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: hydro 481
@Kenriko I have the exact same issue on both passenger and driver side T3 pieces. I guess there is more of a gap here between the chrome and rubber so there is nothing to tuck into. I keep tucking it in as tightly as I can against the back of the chrome, but it always pops back up. What do you suggest?

It's not visible at all when you look at the car from the side, but if I tiptoe and look down at the car, I can see it. Or if I'm loading groceries into the trunk, I can see it.

I'd try what worked for most who have had this issue, heat it to 180, hold it in place with the squeegee until cool. You might have a problem because if the dust got on the adhesive it'll be less likely that you get good adhesion again.

Please excuse the dusty car, it's been a week since the last car wash.

Passenger side:
View attachment 472424

Driver side:
View attachment 472425

I struggled with T4 again last week, but halfway through the process, I found the perfect tool for tucking into my extremely tight trim. It's a blackhead extractor. I assure you it is not even close to touching the paint, even though the picture makes it look like it is. This made the process so much easier, but I wish I had thought of it sooner. My orange plastic blade slipped out on me a few times when I was trying to tuck and nicked the vinyl in one tiny place right near the rear view mirror. And along to top of T4, I was pushing down on the blade so hard, I actually cut the vinyl so there's a tiny piece missing. I know I can request a 1up, but I really don't want to do this piece again. It looks flawless from almost every angle. I found it best to first try to tuck with the plastic razor, then use the blackhead extractor. If I tried to rely solely on the extractor, the surface area of the metal is too small and there's too much resistance from the tucking...so it stretches the vinyl a bit with each tuck and due to the small surface area of the metal, it creates a wavy-ish looking tuck. Which according to my husband he can't see at all with his eyes, but I think I can feel it if I run my fingers along the top.

View attachment 472422
That’s a pretty poor job. You should really redo it.

That’s a pretty poor job. You should really redo it.

That's a fair comment based on the pictures I posted which were taken from the one angle you can see it from.

Here's what it looks like in real life (the picture compression makes my trim look jagged, it's straight and smooth in person):
IMG_4040.jpg

Here is the one angle you can see it from. It's only about 1 inch section.

IMG_4042.jpg

I don't want anyone to get frightened by my close up picture that highlighted the problem.

Reactions: CricTic