Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keycard required every time when trying to drive..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But it keeps happening. šŸ˜‰
But obviously not often for - does math - heading toward 2.5 years since anyone posted in this thread.

Tech can be glitchy. We all pretty much know that by now. Tech from different companies needing to play nice with each other - well, we know tech is like humans in this regard.

My keycard unexpectedly got dropped/disconnected from my car. No idea why. Spouseā€™s still worked. It happens. Took literally 30s to connect it back up.

Recently, BT connection has been hiccuping and thatā€™s how I found out my keycard had stopped working. BT connection had been working quite literally PERFECT for 5 years. Suddenly, itā€™s acting like it did for the first 6 months I owned my 3.

I suspect, and really just pulling the idea out of my buttocks, that the recent FSD stuffs has something to do with it.

Logically, perhaps it shouldnā€™t, I donā€™t know a thing about any of that stuff, but I didnā€™t do anything to my phone 5 yrs ago when BT was wonky and then suddenly wasnā€™t for 5 years running. And I still have the same phone now with BT a bit temperamental again connecting to my car. So - šŸ¤·. Iā€™ll simply start carrying my keycard again (in my sweatpants or hoodie pocket šŸ˜‰) until BT gets its act back in gear, or do what I did before and unlock the car with my APP and select drive without key.

But obviously not often for - does math - heading toward 2.5 years since anyone posted in this thread.

Tech can be glitchy. We all pretty much know that by now. Tech from different companies needing to play nice with each other - well, we know tech is like humans in this regard.

My keycard unexpectedly got dropped/disconnected from my car. No idea why. Spouseā€™s still worked. It happens. Took literally 30s to connect it back up.

Recently, BT connection has been hiccuping and thatā€™s how I found out my keycard had stopped working. BT connection had been working quite literally PERFECT for 5 years. Suddenly, itā€™s acting like it did for the first 6 months I owned my 3.

I suspect, and really just pulling the idea out of my buttocks, that the recent FSD stuffs has something to do with it.

Logically, perhaps it shouldnā€™t, I donā€™t know a thing about any of that stuff, but I didnā€™t do anything to my phone 5 yrs ago when BT was wonky and then suddenly wasnā€™t for 5 years running. And I still have the same phone now with BT a bit temperamental again connecting to my car. So - šŸ¤·. Iā€™ll simply start carrying my keycard again (in my sweatpants or hoodie pocket šŸ˜‰) until BT gets its act back in gear, or do what I did before and unlock the car with my APP and select drive without key.
Yea I get all that, I'm not 'non-tech'. 30 years in the semiconductor field. There's a .phanonina I call, under-engineering. Not that engineers are not doing do-diligence, it's more a condition of corporate cost effectiveness; aka ROI. (Return on investment.) There are two major players in the call phone industry, Android and Apple. So any EV maker only needs to meet the needs of two, with a couple others as caveats. But the main two should be seamless. since they're not, and I know the tech capability is there. It comes down to the modern corporate mentality of, 'good enough." There is not enough data to support spending more to improve what the data shows is good enough. So upper management cuts the engineering dept from doing further, 'not cost effective' improvements until needed.
This is not a pessimist's opinion. synic maybe. but not a pessimist. :) It's an observation of facts.
The science and technology IS available; fact. So why isn't it commonly widespread? Follow your 5-Ys and fishbone TSing. I think you'll find the same conclusion. Not cost effective enough to justify the bottom line.
OMG; I've started a new thread haven't I. LOL.

Yea I get all that, I'm not 'non-tech'. 30 years in the semiconductor field. There's a .phanonina I call, under-engineering. Not that engineers are not doing do-diligence, it's more a condition of corporate cost effectiveness; aka ROI. (Return on investment.) There are two major players in the call phone industry, Android and Apple. So any EV maker only needs to meet the needs of two, with a couple others as caveats. But the main two should be seamless. since they're not, and I know the tech capability is there. It comes down to the modern corporate mentality of, 'good enough." There is not enough data to support spending more to improve what the data shows is good enough. So upper management cuts the engineering dept from doing further, 'not cost effective' improvements until needed.
This is not a pessimist's opinion. synic maybe. but not a pessimist. :) It's an observation of facts.
The science and technology IS available; fact. So why isn't it commonly widespread? Follow your 5-Ys and fishbone TSing. I think you'll find the same conclusion. Not cost effective enough to justify the bottom line.
OMG; I've started a new thread haven't I. LOL.
You could be exactly right. Iā€™ve no idea not having had a sit down with Elon in years to ask him. šŸ˜‰

I have iPhone and I consistently have issues communicating with Android users - like sending/receiving texts and phone calls. They report the same things from their end to me.

I will say, if either of us are on Starlink wifi - no issues. But other service providers, especially cellular ones - hit or miss. And sending pics/video links - forgetaboutit.

What does this have to do with my BT and car giving each other the middle finger now and again? Probably nothing. šŸ¤·