TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Kick pad for kids?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by DrManhattan, Jul 1, 2016.

1. DrManhattan

DrManhattan Member

anyone have any insight into some kind of protection for the back of the front seats? My kids love to put their feet up.

2. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

A good beating stick?;)

3. siggyg

siggyg Member

I got the following from Amazon:

Amazon.com : OxGord® Kick Mats Back Seat Protector w/Storage Organizer Pocket- 2 Pack " 2016 Model Newly Designed" - Universal Fit for Car, Truck, SUV, or Van - Rear Auto Bucket Seat Upholstery Protective Cover : Baby

They work ok. There is a plastic buckle that wraps around the top of the seat. On my Next Gen seats, I noticed a small indention where the buckle was due to it being a little tight even at the longest setting. I simply unbuckle the mats when my kids are in the car and buckle it back up when they are not. Bottom part of the mat is secured by an elastic band that goes over the top of the seat without any issues.

My kids still put their feet on the seatback, but at least they're only getting the kick mat dirty!

• Informative x 1
  4. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

In all seriousness I find the plastic back of the NG seats wipes clean very easily, so I don't worry about it.