Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kinddog's story in animated text and after 1 week of ownership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very nice. Well done. Drive her in good health!

The Ricers out here usually do the Nascar drafting thing behind me in the Prius on the county roads. What can I say I drive like an old man. Most of them are teenagers with a lot better reflexes and a lot LESS sense. I usually just pull over and wave. Maybe when I get used to the P85 I'll dust a couple of them and see how it feels.:wink:

As much as I LOVE to hear how this car meets and/or exceeds expectations, I really need to stop reading this forum. I'm already trying to keep myself calm during this long pre-delivery, and these posts aren't helping. I don't want to get the car and be all Nintendo 64 all over it... just to have my expectations SO incredibly high!

I know this car will be a dream.. I just have to keep the 'ol emotions in check.

......"Oh Lord, wont you buy me....a Tesla Model S....my friends all drive Audis....I must make a mence...." I would probably be pretty excited also kinddog if I got the opportunity to buy one. Still dreaming about it though. You explained everything about the Model S very well, and it might actually trigger some sales, who knows? When I drove the Tesla Roadster in 2010 I knew that this is it! Driving a Tesla is the ultimate thing in life. I also knew that I will fight for electric cars as long as I live lol. It's a big passion for me :)

5 - Lots of people in the car puts a hurt on acceleration. I had 5 people in one time and floored it and it wasn't even close to normal acceleration. I guess this is true of any car, but I have noticed it more with Model S.

Indeed it does and this trait has turned into a blessing in disguise. I've gotten comments about the roller coaster like acceleration after giving my relatives a test ride; yet have managed not to scare them with its true quickness. Little do they know the true "beast" lurking between the wheels. I am able to keep my conservative persona in the eyes of my in-laws and still unleash the "beast" when driving alone. Great summation on the car. Thanks.

4 - I was very worried about how big the car is and about curbing the rims. I've come to find out that as long as you are "conscious" while maneuvering around parking garages, etc, it's not a problem at all.

One thing that has caught me out a few times - the wheelbase is quite long, and the rear tires stand farther apart than the front. If you're not careful you can whack the rear wheel against the curb on a tight corner. (Luckily so far I've only bumped the ice buildup against the curbs, and am running the 19's for winter, so no damage.)

15mclxd.jpg

I love the white / grey wheel combo! If I didn't get the Sig Red I would be all over this. Gorgeous!!!

I don't want to get the car and be all Nintendo 64 all over it....

dont worry, as long the 'Nintendo 128' isent around your 64 will still be very attractive for a very long time, at pressent there is No indications of anything near tesla level (design, performance and price vise) all other cars are Like phones before iphone/smartphones.
Event the best of other cars are strugeling to be even.

I forgot to add one thing...

occasionally, when getting items out of the trunk, I scratch my knuckles on a sharp piece of plastic on the latch at the bottom of the trunk. I could be more careful, but I choose not to be. I think it's really incompetent of Tesla to put such a rough surface on this latch area. Expecting people to always have full motor-control over their extremities is a bit unreasonable, no?

I will be emailing Elon Musk personally about this. let's hope he puts his customers first and resolves this. Otherwise, it's off to the Better Business Bureau I go!

occasionally, when getting items out of the trunk, I scratch my knuckles on a sharp piece of plastic on the latch at the bottom of the trunk. I could be more careful, but I choose not to be. I think it's really incompetent of Tesla to put such a rough surface on this latch area. Expecting people to always have full motor-control over their extremities is a bit unreasonable, no?

I will be emailing Elon Musk personally about this. let's hope he puts his customers first and resolves this. Otherwise, it's off to the Better Business Bureau I go!

But the real question is if it's a deal-breaker for you. You should probably put a feeler out to see if you can offload it. Because of this issue, I don't think the MS is the right car for you. :rolleyes:

Oh no you didn't!!!

I almost spit my lunch out laughing (for those who don't get the reference .. here)

occasionally, when getting items out of the trunk, I scratch my knuckles on a sharp piece of plastic on the latch at the bottom of the trunk.

Someone is freely admitting to being a knuckle-dragger? <teasing>
For most of what I carry, everything fits in the forward storage. Things that have had to go in rear storage:
hula hoop
cello
two large suitcases

You should try to use that more often if your hand is hitting something. I think it is a little easier to unload. My suggestion is that, rather than emailing Elon about it, call the Tesla number and schedule a service technician to make an adjustment. I had a Tesla employee spot a fit issue with my front hood. They are aware of fit issues and will take care of them. Your concern sounds like a fit issue, not a design flaw.

Yeah yeah yeah. The sharp latch was part of a list of minor details, exacerbated by now having a gouged finger from a very sharp protruding plastic edge where there was no reason to expect one there. I sent the list to JB (not Elon, duh) because we had had a conversation at a prior Tesla event where he explicitly encouraged me to send him such lists. And I proudly admit my OCD perfectionism when it comes to these things. You should hear Jony Ive explain how much Apple sweated over the placement of two tiny iPhone screws in order to get the casing to line up to the thousandth of a millimeter :)

Yeah yeah yeah. The sharp latch was part of a list of minor details, exacerbated by now having a gouged finger from a very sharp protruding plastic edge where there was no reason to expect one there. I sent the list to JB (not Elon, duh) because we had had a conversation at a prior Tesla event where he explicitly encouraged me to send him such lists. And I proudly admit my OCD perfectionism when it comes to these things. You should hear Jony Ive explain how much Apple sweated over the placement of two tiny iPhone screws in order to get the casing to line up to the thousandth of a millimeter :)

No worries you are right to give constructive feedback, but Kinddog replicating and twisting that out of context was funny.
I just hope others understand that he was joking :biggrin: