Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

KNDI Investment discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kevin, thanks for the reply, and an update on your recent activities. I'll look forward to more investnaire.com postings, and I am also anticipating some interesting posts from Arthur Porcari regarding his KNDI fact finding trip to China. You are right...the KNDI bulls and bears really do get contentious on SeekingAlpha, but then, come to think of it, that dynamic is certainly well in place for TSLA as well!

Hi Gary,

I certainly think KNDI is a long term prospect. I actually start rebuilding position the last two days when it was it $7.5-$7 range. I think $7 is a good support level in the near term so I went in bought quite a lot yesterday.

I did get some more info on KNDI's development. There will be some articles coming out. Hopefully they appear the investnaire.com site first, then on SeekingAlpha.

Which did you buy: stocks and/or calls (which month) kevin99?

I bought various expiration at dec jan mar @7.5
Any particular reason for 7.5? The Dec $5 calls are quoting $2.6 right now, just barely above the stock price. Almost any movement up is profitable. The 7.5 calls are $1.25 each, so you'd need to see over 15% gain before those broke even. Granted, you can buy twice as many of them though and score if there's a real breakout.

Not criticizing, god knows I know very little, just trying to learn by understanding the reasoning behind how you decide which call to buy :)

Any particular reason for 7.5? The Dec $5 calls are quoting $2.6 right now, just barely above the stock price. Almost any movement up is profitable. The 7.5 calls are $1.25 each, so you'd need to see over 15% gain before those broke even. Granted, you can buy twice as many of them though and score if there's a real breakout.

Not criticizing, god knows I know very little, just trying to learn by understanding the reasoning behind how you decide which call to buy :)

It is good comparison. The dec@5 will almost have the risk profile and buying power as buying shares given margin. The @7.5 has less max loss and more buying power however less likely to profit. Since I am quite bullish in 2 months I prefer the latter.

It is good comparison. The dec@5 will almost have the risk profile and buying power as buying shares given margin. The @7.5 has less max loss and more buying power however less likely to profit. Since I am quite bullish in 2 months I prefer the latter.
Ah, so given your expectations on where the stock will be in Dec, the increased leverage on the 7.5's has more value? If you were thinking just, say, a 25% growth, then the 5's would be the better deal (I think, I haven't run the numbers on where those lines cross).

Ah, so given your expectations on where the stock will be in Dec, the increased leverage on the 7.5's has more value? If you were thinking just, say, a 25% growth, then the 5's would be the better deal (I think, I haven't run the numbers on where those lines cross).

I agree @5 would be a safer play. However I am going for double digit price target. I just don't know when the market will get it.

I agree @5 would be a safer play. However I am going for double digit price target. I just don't know when the market will get it.
I went with the 5's. I'm playing with margin on this one and it felt safer in that situation to have less chance of coming up empty and ending in debt. It could still happen of course, but it's less likely. Obviously, I'm short cutting my profit potential.

Hard call. One really good shot, like KNDI going to 15 and taking the 7.5's would pretty much mean I never needed to play with margin again. But I can afford to take that risk next time if this lower risk play works out.

I would be interested in knowing how many here hold KNDI (beyond short-term trading) and do not question the legitimacy of its numbers, auditors or a combination. Issues were raised multiple times about this company - I'm not saying they are true, but the red flags have to be considered imho. This however is hard to do for foreign investors.

There were other US-listed Chinese reverse mergers where investors even visited the company/its operations on the ground in China with photos etc. to prove everything was legitimate and they still fell apart a few months later.

I would be interested in knowing how many here hold KNDI (beyond short-term trading) and do not question the legitimacy of its numbers, auditors or a combination. Issues were raised multiple times about this company - I'm not saying they are true, but the red flags have to be considered imho. This however is hard to do for foreign investors.

There were other US-listed Chinese reverse mergers where investors even visited the company/its operations on the ground in China with photos etc. to prove everything was legitimate and they still fell apart a few months later.

I usually don't see your posts as I am using the blacklist feature. :)

Everyone can do their research and take a position. Short or long, it is all within your reach. Action speaks louder than words.

Holding some sold some

Substantial movement today, but I don't see any news on it.

Back to $8! I am so pleased to be greeted with this Monday present. I've rebuilt my position during the $7.5-$7 time. Now it is the question whether I want to add more. If so, it will be those OTM calls. Hopefully write an update article on investnaire.com soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Technical is as important as news. I see the $7 last week as the support so I went in quite a lot.

Another round of going above to $8.5 and down below $8. Again I updated my account status, which is doing fantastically well given the zigzag movement.

- - - Updated - - -

I suspect it is due to Arthur Porcari and Daryoosh Ardalans' China visit report. I am disappointed I cannot find more security analysts covering KNDI. I am long on this company.

Btw, I am glad to announce Arthur Porcari and Daryoosh Ardalans will be publishing their articles on the site as well.