Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kudos where it's due

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pdk42

Jul 17, 2019
Leamington
I have to give some Kudos to Adam from Tesla Touchwood (Solihull). Not only did he let me do two test drives :), but he provided his personal WhatsApp details to me and has never failed to respond to queries I've had during the wait since ordering. Today I had some issues with the order on the Tesla web-site (basically the wrong owner - a lease company that I dabbled with but ultimately cancelled). I spoke with him about 5:30PM and he said he'd fix the issues. Sure enough he did, even replying to me at 9:45 PM to say it was fixed. I was worried that the delivery appointment would be hit, but it seems not!

I know it's easy to criticise Tesla overall for their shambolic state with Model 3 deliveries, but OTOH there are some very dedicated and professional people working there and we should recognise and be grateful for that.

So, thanks Adam!

A big plus for Birmingham (was Digbeth). I've been dealing with them on a variety of issues, mostly self inflicted I must say, and have nothing but praise for their response and problem solving. As is said, Tesla, as a general organisation, have their faults. But there are also very many plus points which sometimes get hidden from view. For my past ICE vehicles, mostly BMW and Mercedes, though their response was on the whole faster than Tesla, their vehicles do not compare IMHO.

Just about all of the major ICE players are getting in on the EV act now, but their continued 'head in the sand' approach over the past 7 years has meant that they have lost so much ground that it will be a few years before anybody of note comes up with a genuinely comparable vehicle.

Reactions: Roy W.
There are many good individuals and in general it's a good strategy to treat all of them as such unless they contradict the assumption. I've got to know some good eggs at West Drayton as well.

@pdk42 Good luck with your collection! (Tomorrow (Monday)? Remember it doesn't exist until we see a photo :D )

There are many good individuals and in general it's a good strategy to treat all of them as such unless they contradict the assumption. I've got to know some good eggs at West Drayton as well.

@pdk42 Good luck with your collection! (Tomorrow (Monday)? Remember it doesn't exist until we see a photo :D )
Thanks @vitesse . I'm mentally prepared for the worst - that way I hope I'll come away with a big smile on my face!

• Funny
Reactions: vitesse and Roy W.