Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kumho Solus Majesty 9 TA91

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drive a 2014 Model S for Lyft in the Seattle area. I drive about 150 miles per day, 30K miles a year, mainly take passengers to work, school, hospital, or airport. None of my driving is performance based.

My S is currently at 191,685 miles.

Last edited:
Being in Seattle, we get a fair amount of rain starting in mid September, then dries out in late May. We get maybe one big snow storm a year in the low lands, and I avoid driving those days if at all possible. We don't ski or snowboard, so I was shopping for just regular all season tires, rather than say, the Michelin CrossClimate2.

This year I came across the Kumho Solus Majesty 9 TA91 on Discount tires. $126 per tire, which is less than 1/2 the price of Michelin CC2s, 30% less than Goodyears. I figured I try them out. Even if they were total crap tires and I needed a new set in 6 months or so, I still come ahead compared to the other brand named tires.

Last edited:
The Kumho Solus Majesty 9 are your standard all season tires for big sedans and minivans. Silica-reinforced for wet traction, 45K mile warranty. Seemed perfect for a heavy EV like the Model S that eats tires every 30K miles.

Last edited:
When my Goodyears were at 4/32, I went in to the local Discount Tire to place the order for the set. My Goodyears had 30K miles on it, and with a 45K mile warranty, Discount Tires gave me $330 credit towards the Kumhos.

The total price of 4 Kumhos + mounting fees after credits, was $301.

Attachments

• kumho.jpg
    kumho.jpg
    478.9 KB · Views: 121
So far I've driven a little over 1000 miles. Observations:

- Even though the spec sheet said tire depth is 11/32, it's actually only 9/32 brand new
- Traction has been great in the rain last few days, but I didn't really push the tires to test its limits
- Tires are very quiet. Road noise is dependent on road surface, but over good condition pavement, the Kumhos are quieter than my old Goodyears

In terms of efficiency, last year's Goodyears were at 348 Watt hour/mile. The new Kumhos are at 356, but I suspect by next year, with more mixed spring/summer driving, the Kumhos will average about the same as Goodyears.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 3.41.54 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 3.41.54 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
Reactions: Msicario
My expectations for these tires are to last 1 year or 30K miles, or roughly 5 cycles of 6K mile tire rotations.

If that happens as planned, then once again I will get a credit for the remaining miles on the 45K mile warranty to apply to my next set of Kumhos, which will then be ~$400 for the set after credits. Not bad for boring day to day driving.

Last edited:
Reactions: evo9rs
Just got these installed on my 75D, I can confirm that these are very quiet, much more so than the OEM tires.

Energy efficiency seems to average 10w/mi more than before, but hard to say until I get some more miles in.

In terms of handling, they perform with no noticeable difference. Can definitely recommend these

Reactions: ww73
I went ahead and bought and Installed these at my local America’s Tire in San Jose, CA for my 2017 Model S 75 RWD. Replaced the outgoing Bridgestone Quiettracks which lasted exactly 30k miles and the last 5k were dragged out in terms of quietness, comfort and tread depth wearing out more unevenly than when new. I can definitely feel the comfort and quietness improve drastically and have served well with good confidence in the recent rainy weather, compared to the outgoing tires. I’ll report on Wh/mi after a couple thousand miles.