Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road Hugger GTZ A/S initial impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Haven't seen any feedback for these tires here so I thought I'd offer mine. My previous tires, Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack were worn to the point of being unsafe. These Road Huggers are what were immediately available and they're really cheap, $139 a tire.

I'm not really an expert with tires and I've only had these a day but so far they seem fine. Maybe a little more road noise. The handling is a little squishier, maybe that's from being new. I don't feel much of a difference in ride quality.

Maybe my opinion will change the more I drive these but so far I'm not regretting it. I know that sounds like faint praise but these are half the price of most of the other tires for this car.

Reactions: Ron Burgundy
As long as the tire has the correct weight/load rating for your vehicle and tread design for your driving purpose/location, it won't matter most of the time. The average driver on the road is not gonna rip through tires racing from point A to B. If a reputable store like DT carries them, you can at least bet that they're halfway decent.

As long as you're happy with the driving dynamic and feel of the tire, as well as noise, you'll be just fine. I've had tires ranging from the off-beat chinese brand to the top tier $500+ per tire and they've all been fine for me. Drive accordingly to what you pay for.

Haven't seen any feedback for these tires here so I thought I'd offer mine. My previous tires, Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack were worn to the point of being unsafe. These Road Huggers are what were immediately available and they're really cheap, $139 a tire.

I'm not really an expert with tires and I've only had these a day but so far they seem fine. Maybe a little more road noise. The handling is a little squishier, maybe that's from being new. I don't feel much of a difference in ride quality.

Maybe my opinion will change the more I drive these but so far I'm not regretting it. I know that sounds like faint praise but these are half the price of most of the other tires for this car.
I saw these for the first time last month while getting ready for my next set of shoes.
Please give an update in the future to let us know how they are working out.
Are you running the 245/45/19 size on your Mdl S?

I would totally agree on the cost savings, but as the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for!" Which is generally true.
There is the whole thing that many car mags have written about lately on EVs needing specific tires made for the extra weight, the instant torque, and the efficiency of the tire's construction for e-mpg.

So when you get back to those tires again, the kwph would be good to understand too.

Thanks for the quick reply!