Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kumho Solus Majesty 9 TA91

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6000 mile update. Tire rotation tomorrow.

Fronts are at 8/32, rears at 7/32. (from 9/32 brand new).
Energy usage is 370 Wh/mile.
Appreciate the update. I'm ready to buy yet another set of tires soon. Just started going to Discount Tires with my other cars (got so sick of Costco), and came across these tires for my 2016 MS. Looks like you're on track to get about 28K before they hit 2/32, which seems to be about the most I've gotten out of a set of tires with this car (no matter how expensive the tire). I'm with you on just getting something inexpensive (but still a good tire) since nothing seems to last.

I'm curious, how did you manage to get pro-rated on your prior tires? Did you get those from Discount as well? I've tried to warranty through Costco and they always gave me some excuse, even though I rotated as soon as there was 1/32 difference between front and rear and kept the wear even between all tires.

Time for another tire rotation. 12K miles, all tires at 6/32. Discount tires said no need to rotate as they are even.

By comparison, my wife's 2022 Y w/ 19K miles, OEM tires are at 7/32. Maybe the Kimhos won't make it to 30k miles?

The Wh/mi has gotten better as the weather is warming up, but still not as efficient as the previous Goodyears, but much quieter.

Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 9.40.52 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: felizf