Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

KW coming in with Model 3 coilover(s) and springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
KW is coming in with products as well, coilovers and few options for just springs are listed. So far only the RWD V3 version is listed, AWD/Perf. on the announcement page is mentioned to be "released shortly".

As an EU customer, these are going to be quite a bit cheaper than MPP or UP coilovers due to not needing to pay for shipping, customs, tariffs (if any) and eu vat. Unless Öhlins releases a Road'n'Track set before these are out, I will be purchasing V3's when they become available for P3D.

KW is coming in with products as well, coilovers and few options for just springs are listed. So far only the RWD V3 version is listed, AWD/Perf. on the announcement page is mentioned to be "released shortly".

As an EU customer, these are going to be quite a bit cheaper than MPP or UP coilovers due to not needing to pay for shipping, customs, tariffs (if any) and eu vat. Unless Öhlins releases a Road'n'Track set before these are out, I will be purchasing V3's when they become available for P3D.
KW product info for these says "Rebound is only adjustable if the top of the piston rod is accessible."
Is that the case on the Model 3?

KW product info for these says "Rebound is only adjustable if the top of the piston rod is accessible."

It is accessible if you remove the frunk liner.. or I guess you could make some holes in the frunk liner if you really wanted to be able to adjust them often

111-9.jpg

(not my pic, found on google)

Holy cow - I hope they aren't stealing the design that MPP spent time/money developing (unless that was agreed on)

That's normal, you can get a little extension cable to go from the top of the shock to somewhere else to avoid pulling your frunk liner to adjust (what UP does).

Then how to adjust rear suspension?

Small hands and/or jack the car up slightly so you can reach the adjustment.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Here’s a pic of the MPP Sport rears. I assume the KWs will look the same

View attachment 392768

You can reach the top from the rear wheel well on the outside after jacking up the rear. The compression adjustment at the bottom, you can probably reach from the underside without jacking up the car, I think.
I heard there are small battery powered and remote controlled actuators can be attached to each shock. Is that a thing for KW?

After I get my MPP Sports Coilover and install them, I might take some measurement to determine the proper length for this nifty extension for the front. I had a similar setup for the rear of a previous car I had; it was a huge time saver to convert from street/track/street.

https://www.kwsuspensions.com/produ...extension-9mm-wrench-100mm-long-68525023.html

Thanks for posting that, I was just going to drop a link to those. I have them on my daily/tracktoy BMW 135i and they make adjusting the dampeners a breeze.

Do not buy these before you get the coilovers! They come in several sizes and you need to either get the measurements of the tops from KW or measure them yourselves. My ST kit that is made by KW has different sizes for front and back.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Thanks for posting that, I was just going to drop a link to those. I have them on my daily/tracktoy BMW 135i and they make adjusting the dampeners a breeze.

Do not buy these before you get the coilovers! They come in several sizes and you need to either get the measurements of the tops from KW or measure them yourselves. My ST kit that is made by KW has different sizes for front and back.

Thanks for the confirmation to wait, that is my intention.