Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

kW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You haven't specified what the equal conditions are. E.g. a car driving in +20C air will use less heating than a car driving in -20C air. Your cabin temperature setting will also determine the duty cycle of the heating or A/C. The wh/m will vary depending on the journey, so having the heating as a percentage of a variable figure is even less useful.
We could all guess an answer, but my guess based on a Scottish Winter would be completely different from someone in say Kent. And vice versa for Summer. So ultimately you'd have a wide range of guesses based on variables that may not equate to your normal usage.

How useful is that?

If you really want a figure, 7.468% is what I've calculated. Note I've gone to 3 decimal places so much more accurate than the other guesses. :)
Scottish Summer and Kent Winter would probably be a reasonable comparison point :D:D

The heater, especially on pre heat pump cars, can suck up to 6KW (as I recall from a Bjorn video) but not all the time as it modulates according to cabin temp. Not sure AC draw in KW but a lot less than the 6KW heater, one of the reasons summer consumption with AC on is much lower than winter running the heater. If you really want to find out get Scan My Tesla and an OBD dongle As mentioned Bjorn has loads on it on YouTube, that's how he got the data.
Max AC draw is 5.5kw. General consumption I've seen once the car is cool would be avg 1kw

you say that, but generating 1Kw of resistive heat uses 1Kw in a tesla and 1Kw in an 8 year old leaf. Admittedly the Tesla can move heating and cooling about better, but on most shorter journeys that's not going to make much difference. Heat pumps can get you a 3+ x return on energy vs heat/cooling but they are also hugely variable.
As Andy said above my Model 3 can pull up to 6KW but my Leaf Only pulls about 4KW and then drops to about 2KW in most heating/cooling once the temperature stabilises. My assumption would be you'd save about 2-3KW if you didn't use heating or aircon so in an hour you could say 3KWH or about 12 miles of range ...
My reference to an old Leaf was simply because the battery capacity compared to a Tesla is a lot less… so heating/cooling consumption has a proportionally greater impact.