Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LA to NY Kick-off Rally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pictures of the party preparations

I was Supercharging my S in Hawthorne today after lunch and saw all the party preparations underway. Picture attached. I didn't know that there was an event, and when I asked the woman tending the store she said it would start at 10 pm but didn't know what it was about.

With today's Tesla Blog post, now it all makes sense. I remember seeing a few other guys arrive with suitcases, so that could be part of the cross-country crew. It's also two days ahead of when Elon said it would happen. Hmm, didn't get an invite to this party. :confused: Maybe I'll go anyway?

Attachments

• prePartyTeslaCC640.jpg
    prePartyTeslaCC640.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 295
Hamish McKenzie, the newly hired TM writer will be traveling with one of the TM rally teams and writing about it for the TM blog page:

Hamish McKenzie (@hamishmckenzie)
1/29/14, 3:53 PM
I'm part of a Tesla team that tonight departs on a cross-US road trip in 2 Model S cars. I'll be writing about it.

They just started tweeting. This is way more fun then watching some stupid car commercial like most companies use marketing money for.

You were there, Lorih? I saw Eric and Renee and Paige, but I missed you somehow.

Got out some good photos, too, but they're locked up in my camera until we get home on Sunday, long after their freshness date... :wink: