Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Labor costs for radio upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There should be no labor charge. It is $500 + tax. Period.

From their own site: Infotainment Upgrade

My vehicle has already undergone an Infotainment Upgrade. Is it possible for me to purchase the Radio Upgrade?
Yes. The purchase and installation of the Radio Upgrade is available for vehicles that have already undergone Infotainment Upgrade. For vehicles that have not yet undergone an Infotainment Upgrade, we recommend having both the Infotainment Upgrade and Radio Upgrade installation performed at the same time. The Radio Upgrade costs an additional $500 plus applicable tax and there is no difference in price if you have the Radio Upgrade and Infotainment Upgrade installed separately or together.

It doesn't specifically say labor is included, like the Infotainment upgrade does. But it does says it costs "$500 plus applicable tax" It doesn't say "$500 plus labor and applicable tax."

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
There should be no labor charge. It is $500 + tax. Period.

From their own site: Infotainment Upgrade

It doesn't specifically say labor is included, like the Infotainment upgrade does. But it does says it costs "$500 plus applicable tax" It doesn't say "$500 plus labor and applicable tax."
Isn't $243.75 the normal amount of tax on $500.00 in CA?

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
I just got my MCU2 upgrade finished yesterday with the FM radio as well. You can see in my invoice there was no additional labor added just the $2,000 total plus tax ($172). (PII redacted) and no i'm not under warranty, that ship sailed like 1.5 years ago :p

Untitled.jpg