Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Labor Electric Car FBT discount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it’s official?

Well, there are degrees of “official” 😄

For most, a Bill passing both houses is enough, because the process of Assent and a Bill becoming law is just a formality after that. This Bill doesn’t have a start date set in the future and in fact is retrospective to 1 July, so for all intents and purposes it should now be considered “law”. It appears that Government websites have taken that position 😄

Some would say - wait until the GG has signed it, because theoretically he could refuse to sign it, or refer it to King Charles III to sign. While these are notionally possibilities, in the same way that the sun might not rise tomorrow, I think we can say they are unlikely.

For constitutional lawyers, it’s not officially law until it is listed an an Act in the Parliamentary Register of Legislation. That hasn’t happened yet.

Hi everyone, I am new.

I ordered a Telsa 3 LR White + 19 wheels last week and it just made it under the LCT. If I had ordered another colour it would have not qualified. I have been told pick up is in early January.

Anyways the FBT legislation has now been given Royal Assent and is law.

Here are some quotes from a Leasing company. I'm using NRMA Insurance for $1100 and I put fuel/electricity at 50c to average out 30c/60c chargers.

1670966815001.png

By the way, it received Assent yesterday and is now an Act... so everyone can now stop angsting over this 😄.

Reactions: banana0692