Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Labor Electric Car FBT discount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great now I just want Tesla to allow me to nominate my leasing company on the paper work, which they don't allow/can't do.

Well they could for my Model Y reservation, I could do it through the website, But they can't do it for a model 3 Long range.. Its all but impossible. They cancelled my model Y reservation but were unable to bring the details over onto my model 3 reservation..

Is anyone else having this problem?
No problems either. I went from cash purchase to lease. I just told tesla who was doing the lease and I shared contact details so both could communicate and update invoice. No problems...in fact Tesla did a bit of chasing for me as lease company were dragging their feet. Sorry your having issues but I've had no problem with 2 tesla leases

I leased our car in September and Tesla had stopped dealing directly with lease companies. Wasn't really an issue as my lease company provided me with the details I needed but equally was the first time I've leased a car and had to do the in-betweening.

Great now I just want Tesla to allow me to nominate my leasing company on the paper work, which they don't allow/can't do.

Well they could for my Model Y reservation, I could do it through the website, But they can't do it for a model 3 Long range.. Its all but impossible. They cancelled my model Y reservation but were unable to bring the details over onto my model 3 reservation..

I had originally nominated cash payment so emailed and they helped me out by resetting the form. I filled in the details of the leasing company.

The long wait times will put some people off.

The long wait might also cause people who have ordered to cancel from waiting to long, and therefore existing orders may be fulfilled sooner and the wait times reduce? I am sure there is a great "tesla" science to it lol

I'd love to have someone on the inside just even quietly give some kind of insight into their processes lol

So, back to the topic at hand here. How long until the royal ascent for this? I know its more of a rubber stamp after both houses and the government agree on this, but it does need to jump the hoops to become law to the best of my knowledge...

It requires the Parliamentary Clerk to package up the material for the GG - providing three copies of the Bill (Act) to sign, and the Clerk’s certificate to prove the Bill has been validly passed by both Houses. When assented to, two copies are returned, one to each House, and the GG’s office forwards the other copy to the Office of Parliamentary Counsel.

Sometimes this happens the same day the Bill is passed (if the Government considers the Bill exceptionally urgent), but mostly it might take a few days or a couple of weeks.

You can read all about this process here 😄

Any word on how the lease companies are going to back pay the difference in tax for those of us that started our leases this financial year seeing as the dates are backdated?
Why would the lease companies need to pay you back anything? Funds have been received to cover the lease payment, that's the extent of their concern. It's up to your employer to remediate ECM payments and make PAYG adjustments (your employer pays the lease, taking the payments out of your salary).

Spoke to a guy in the novated lease game. He said on weekend they're about to send advice out to their customers about the change. He said expects it to be official any day now. Not sure how though the retrospective change will occur to payments already made ... ??

Why would the lease companies need to pay you back anything? Funds have been received to cover the lease payment, that's the extent of their concern. It's up to your employer to remediate ECM payments and make PAYG adjustments (your employer pays the lease, taking the payments out of your salary).
Indeed. I'm not even sure it's allowed to go back and turn post-tax payments into pre-tax ones. In the alternative, where you just made pre-tax payments and were incurring a notional FBT liability, that liability just wouldn't be realised now if you're eligible for the new exemption.