TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lack of matching trim on center console

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by jfoxny, Jul 13, 2016.

1. jfoxny

jfoxny Member

Just got my refreshed Model S with the carbon fiber trim. I was disappointed to find out that the center console on the S is not finished in carbon fiber (the yachting floor was in the old car) but is in the X. It's a pretty large swath of plastic to not match it with the trim. Any after market solutions for this?

2. SoFlaGuy

SoFlaGuy New Member

I saw carbon fiber and black available from RPMTesla.

RPM Tesla

3. Mickie

Mickie Member

I'm fickle about faux CF wraps, especially when the weave isn't even the same size. Maybe there's a way to jack the real stuff off an X...

4. Bonlaw

Bonlaw Member

View attachment 185560 I have the CF from RPMTesla.com and I think it looks great. Since it is an inexpensive appliqué it is worth a try.

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 1
  5. BertL

BertL Active Member

Your other option to perhaps consider if you elect to tweak the look with an appliqué, and care about a very close match of the CF weave, is to order several different small lengths of CF material via Amazon... I personally found the weave to not be as big a difference as my Tesla CF has a bit more matte finish than appliqué versions I've seen and used on my former Premium Center Console flip lid.

The RPMTesla version is really easy to install, pre-sized and great quality (I had it). No one really noticed the slight variation in appearance except for me when I very specifically stared at it and the lips of the cup holder above when the leather armrest was slid back... but if you are even more of a nit picker than I am, and are OK with a bit of DIY with a ruler and Xacto knife, you'll find plenty of CF variations you can try on Amazon for maybe $6 or so each... Determine the measurements you want, and try several until you're happy.