Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lack of transparency with Delivery ppl

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is probably the worst customer service I have ever experienced with a car company. I have had my VIN and delivery date assigned in Burbank for last week. I literally had to pull teeth just to speak with someone and each one gave me a different response and also said "our local delivery team will contact you". Never happened. Delivery date gets posposted to 3/28 and no one calls to let me know, I just happened see the change on my account.

Now apparently because of COVID, they are doing home deliveries, I called to see whats going on and I got 2 different answers, pretty much saying its up in the air and they will call me to update, but of course that didn't happen. Im getting annoyed because I paid the downpayment before my first delivery date and then it gets postponed without my knowledge, causing me to miss a day of work.

anyone else experience this struggle?

Reactions: hutsy and lUtriaNt
I too have had "issues" with the way the delivery experience is being run. I received a text Sat. saying to be delivered Sunday, with no contract to be seen. Various issues on my part about a trade in (living trust on a trade in car) I was assigned a VIN, then that VIN was changed. Everything done via on line, and changed at least twice by them. The people I have talked with are nice enough, but somehow there is a lack of a proper workflow. Someone is going to drive my car to me from Fremont tomorrow (Yay!) but it will be mask and gloves and alcohol wipes for the first hour :(

I'm a bit frustrated with the lack of communication during my order process as well, but we do need to understand that things right now are very much up in the air as the tesla employee you spoke with said. Processes and procedures are changing very rapidly every day for almost all businesses right now. So while it is a bit frustrating, and we know tesla customer service isn't great even in the best of times, I think we need to cut them a little slack right now given the circumstances.

I'm a bit frustrated with the lack of communication during my order process as well, but we do need to understand that things right now are very much up in the air as the tesla employee you spoke with said. Processes and procedures are changing very rapidly every day for almost all businesses right now. So while it is a bit frustrating, and we know tesla customer service isn't great even in the best of times, I think we need to cut them a little slack right now given the circumstances.

Im sure COVID isn't helping, but Tesla has been rated dead last in customer service per consumer reports. Ill cut them some slack, but all I want is transparency. If the car isn't ready, tell me so, don't make me have to call several different ppl. Tesla needs to work on this. Its concerning when buying their cars and knowing that we might have to use a warranty claim..

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Im sure COVID isn't helping, but Tesla has been rated dead last in customer service per consumer reports. Ill cut them some slack, but all I want is transparency. If the car isn't ready, tell me so, don't make me have to call several different ppl. Tesla needs to work on this. Its concerning when buying their cars and knowing that we might have to use a warranty claim..

Yeah, it is a little wonky, but here is how we figured out what was going on. We kept reviewing the Tesla page to see if an MVPA was uploaded after we cleared all the financial stuff. The page basically halts on the insurance page. I ended up emailing the delivery person in Las Vegas to figure out what was going on and about two days later I logged in to find the MVPA just sort of appears on the bottom right right under the lemon law disclosure. We used that as the cue to move forward on the payments & insurance work. It is a bit disjointed. but wildly speculating here, I have to assume our email lead to something. Still pretty excited for the car !

Yeah, it is a little wonky, but here is how we figured out what was going on. We kept reviewing the Tesla page to see if an MVPA was uploaded after we cleared all the financial stuff. The page basically halts on the insurance page. I ended up emailing the delivery person in Las Vegas to figure out what was going on and about two days later I logged in to find the MVPA just sort of appears on the bottom right right under the lemon law disclosure. We used that as the cue to move forward on the payments & insurance work. It is a bit disjointed. but wildly speculating here, I have to assume our email lead to something. Still pretty excited for the car !

none of my documents come up, just a white page for lending agreement, order agreement, and even lemon law.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Welcome to the world of Tesla everybody. Great cars but major chaos during the ramp up of a new model. I'm going through the same on my delivery and had a similar experience with my day one order of the Model 3. The saving grace is that all this will be long forgotten after you finally get your car and love driving it so much. Hang tough.

PS
I even signed the loan papers with my bank and they paid Tesla last Friday. At least I got a low interest rate.

This is what happens when you stuff all deliveries in the last days of the quarter, on top of the COVID-19 stuff. They are just going ALL out, shifting models in and out - essentially solving for whatever increases the most amount of deliveries before the chalk line is snapped on the quarter.

FINALLY some transparency. A local Tesla advisor called me to let me know that they will try their best to get it delivered before end of the week. I asked him about the delay and he said some "sensor" wasn't shipped with the car, so they had to order it... He was nice and professional. Tesla in CA only does home deliveries. I really hope they try to push it before the end of this week, that would be end of q1 so motivation for them and better for me.

This is probably the worst customer service I have ever experienced with a car company. I have had my VIN and delivery date assigned in Burbank for last week. I literally had to pull teeth just to speak with someone and each one gave me a different response and also said "our local delivery team will contact you". Never happened. Delivery date gets posposted to 3/28 and no one calls to let me know, I just happened see the change on my account.

Now apparently because of COVID, they are doing home deliveries, I called to see whats going on and I got 2 different answers, pretty much saying its up in the air and they will call me to update, but of course that didn't happen. Im getting annoyed because I paid the downpayment before my first delivery date and then it gets postponed without my knowledge, causing me to miss a day of work.

Similar experience when buying my 3 in late 2018. Delivery date changes, inconsistent explanations that did not make any sense and dismissive customer service (“we”ll ca you don’t call us”). Different circumstances but guess Tesla has more work to do. The car will be worth it though.

Same exact experience. I regret paying cash in full with no trade in. If I don't receive the car by friday (new delivery date) im going to start the refund process. At this point, I think there is an issue with the car as it's been delayed multiple times and I've been given different accounts as to the issues.

Welcome to the world of Tesla everybody. Great cars but major chaos during the ramp up of a new model. I'm going through the same on my delivery and had a similar experience with my day one order of the Model 3. The saving grace is that all this will be long forgotten after you finally get your car and love driving it so much. Hang tough.

PS
I even signed the loan papers with my bank and they paid Tesla last Friday. At least I got a low interest rate.

how were you able to get induction wheels on a performance MY? It would only let me choose aero wheels unless I do performance package, which I did. Those 21s look sweet but overkill and tires gonna be expensive

Same exact experience. I regret paying cash in full with no trade in. If I don't receive the car by friday (new delivery date) im going to start the refund process. At this point, I think there is an issue with the car as it's been delayed multiple times and I've been given different accounts as to the issues.

Yeah, if I were you I would really press and ask exactly what held them up. For me, they first said, firmware then it was inspection, then finally the guy said my car was missing a sensor and that they had to order it. Tesla is gonna try their hardest to get your MY in before april 1st.

So still waiting on Tesla to get back to me on when they will home delivery my Model Y, they are aiming for saturaday 3/28.

Today I noticed motor vehicle agreement and loan contract actually loads up when I click on it, so that's new. It shows my VIN and odometer at 15 miles.

They giving me hope !!

Update-

this is getting unbelievable... I think Tesla is playing games with me. So the local dealership calls to tell me it’s gonna he delayed again (3rd time) because of some “glass” that needs replacement that I apparently brought in myself to get replaced. I haven’t even got my car delivered yet, I told him he’s mistaken, then he paused for a second and said “well sir we just need to replace the glass, sorry for the wait”.

Here are a list of excuses for each postponed delivery date—

3/21- firmware update
3/23- inspection
3/25- sensor replacement
3/36- glass

it’s getting out of hand. Now that they won’t be able to sell it to me before Q1 ends, I’m sure they will take their sweet time. I’ll give them one more chance on 4/1 then I’m withdrawing my down payment.

I’m not in hurry to get this car, But I don’t like being played like this, taking days off work for no reason.