Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lack of Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone feeling like they're not getting updates? I have a MYP that I got last August. It connects to wi-fi regularly, but Ive had a single update in this calendar year. (2024.3.25). Nothing since, even with FSD updates. I haven't had a map update either, but I'm honestly not sure how often those happen and it's only noticeable since construction near me changed some of the routing. I know there's no way to push these, but absent all my efforts, I'm wondering if Tesla is just skipping more and more cars. TIA.

Reactions: tekkie_m3
Anyone feeling like they're not getting updates? I have a MYP that I got last August. It connects to wi-fi regularly, but Ive had a single update in this calendar year. (2024.3.25). Nothing since, even with FSD updates. I haven't had a map update either, but I'm honestly not sure how often those happen and it's only noticeable since construction near me changed some of the routing. I know there's no way to push these, but absent all my efforts, I'm wondering if Tesla is just skipping more and more cars. TIA.

If you have FSD, software updates come about 1/2 as much as with the non FSD cars.

Reactions: thyname
Based on the stats collected by TeslaFi for just the MYP, looks like 1/3rd of these cars are currently on 2024.3.25.

MYP_ver.jpg

Our '21 & '23 are both on 2024.3.25 as well. Frustrating seeing all these posts on Threads from NotaTeslaapp about updates rolling out.

Only a few months left on our '21 lease so not concerned about that but the '23 MYP, yea I want the latest!

Do you own or subscribe to FSD? The 2024.3.25 is honestly the best software to be in if you do
Does not matter. The car is supposed to come with 8 years of updates as part of the original purchase.

I don't think I've gone more than 6 weeks without an update. I haven't really paid attention. I will mention I have been actively providing critiques on FSD's operations. I've noticed and reported things like it likes to confuse Wisconsin and Minnesota county and town route number signs for speed limit signs. It also ignores the extra big speed limit signs sometimes used around here.