Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LADWP Electric Vehicle Charger Rebate Program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TT97

Aug 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I am a Model 3 reservation holder and a, (not so) patiently for my new vehicle.

As this will be my first EV, I am exploring charging options for my home. I am leaning towards the Tesla Wall Connector.

On the LADWP page for the EV Charger Rebate Program, it states "rebates will only be provided for qualifying wall-mounted Level 2 (240-volt) chargers with the SAE J1772 charging plug." The Tesla Wall Connector will be a wall mounted Level 2 charger, but, naturally, will not have an SAE J1772 plug.

Has anyone installed a Tesla Wall Connector and received the rebate from the LADWP? Has anyone been denied the rebate due to the plug?

Thanks.

I received the rebate after installing the Tesla wall connector in Dec 2014.

It appears the wall connector still qualifies for the rebate. Per the LADWP EV Charger Rebate Program website, I found this:

• Chargers that are portable, resold, rebuilt, received from warranty insurance claims, won as a prize, or new parts installed in existing units are not eligible for rebates under this program. Tesla EV owners must install a high-power wall connector to qualify.

I received the rebate after installing the Tesla wall connector in Dec 2014.

It appears the wall connector still qualifies for the rebate. Per the LADWP EV Charger Rebate Program website, I found this:

• Chargers that are portable, resold, rebuilt, received from warranty insurance claims, won as a prize, or new parts installed in existing units are not eligible for rebates under this program. Tesla EV owners must install a high-power wall connector to qualify.

Thanks. I found that as well in the LADWP Terms and Conditions. Good to see someone was successful in getting the rebate.

Did you rebate ever come through?

I still do not have my Model 3 so have not been able to apply for the rebate.

I had solar installed on my house a few months ago and had them install the HPWC while they were doing the solar install. Now every morning I see that little green light on the HPWC mocking me that I do not have my Tesla yet.