Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lane Departure Avoidance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

I've had my Model 3 for a year and a half and always had lane departure avoidance on "assist". Never once have I had any problems with it until the past two weeks. Everytime I've been out in the past two weeks, I've had the lane departure avoidance push me back into the original lane even after I have indicated to move into another lane (the lines have been broken white lines). Today I changed it to "warning" instead of assist, but curious if anyone else has experienced this lately?

Oh, and btw... where the hell is the sentry viewer these days? I'm finding if I don't view it when the notification is there, I've got buckley's of finding it to view when I get home!

I've had my Model 3 for a year and a half and always had lane departure avoidance on "assist". Never once have I had any problems with it until the past two weeks. Everytime I've been out in the past two weeks, I've had the lane departure avoidance push me back into the original lane even after I have indicated to move into another lane (the lines have been broken white lines). Today I changed it to "warning" instead of assist, but curious if anyone else has experienced this lately?
I've not had a problem as long as I indicate before crossing any lines, although it is a lot more militant these days than it used to be - there are a couple of places where I'd rather go slightly onto the hard shoulder than cut closely to the middle line, because traffic going the other way sometimes wanders over the line, and the car doesn't like that at all.
Oh, and btw... where the hell is the sentry viewer these days? I'm finding if I don't view it when the notification is there, I've got buckley's of finding it to view when I get home!
The camera icon in the bottom icon set in the main screen. You can add it to the bottom bar so it's always visible, too.