TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Last 24 hours

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by nishy1, Sep 18, 2015.

1. nishy1

nishy1 Member

Besides taking a massive sedative and sleeping for 24 hours, any ideas on how to keep myself from obsessing over what happens tomorrow am when I pick up my spanking new P90D?

By the way I got midnight silver, grey 21" turbines, and every option except ludicrous mode and the cold weather package.

2. zerokewl

zerokewl Member

I got nothing besides the sedative approach. I cant wait to even get to the point you are at!!

3. danni

danni Member

I stopped by my service center today and actually got a look at my car, which must've arrived the last few days. I ordered it 77 days ago and I don't get to pick it up for another 302.5 hours. How's that for torture?

4. nishy1

nishy1 Member

I thought about driving by to see it and I really thought that would be a terrible idea :) I'd prob sleep there.

5. sethm2

sethm2 Member

Picking up a P90DL tomorrow as well. Looking forward to taking the long 2 hour drive home.

6. nishy1

nishy1 Member

DL!!! Jealous! Enjoy amigo and good luck

7. Pete90D

Pete90D Fan of Red Lights

Make sure you go by superchargers... with all the fun you'll be having with L-mode you may not have 2 hours of range :) j/k

8. evp

evp Nerd

Seriously -- the SC might not charge your car enough for a 2-hour trip. Mine was about 3/4 charged when I picked it up. You might call them and ask them for a 90% charge the night before.

9. nishy1

nishy1 Member

I did that also. Great call.

10. David29

David29 Member

I may have seen mine, too! I drove by my local sales/service/delivery center yesterday or the day before and saw a red Model S sitting out front, with obvious shipping protection still on it, so I idly wondered if that could be my car. But that was when Tesla still had my car's status listed as "in transit." Today it was changed to "being prepared for delivery" which certainly implies it is at the SC and being prepped, so the car I saw may well have been mine! That greatly increased my excitement level. But I refrained from stopping by today. I drove by and the red car was not in sight, so it may have been in the back or in the shop, and I did not want to be viewed as a pest. But I really did want to stop in and see if that is my car!

11. burkevalocks

burkevalocks Member

It must feel really nice having that feeling that your about to get your car, and not only a car a new P90D Nice:cool:

12. sethm2

sethm2 Member

I have notified the dealer. Its only about 120 miles I should be fine. I do not plan on hammering it the whole way home:)

13. lucy

lucy bluehair

I don't think anything will work for me.
    i had a mostly sleepless night last night & all that happened was that my MS order progressed from
    Pending to
    Confirmed to
    Queued for Production!

Woo!!! :biggrin:

14. nishy1

nishy1 Member

Leaning now to go get it! Excitement overload!

15. evp

evp Nerd

Yeah, nobody ever PLANS to hammer it the whole way home. But then -- the rush, the windup, the shocked expression on the driver of the Dodge Charger... and soon the energy page says you're averaging 500Wh/mi. It's happened more than once.

16. James Anders

James Anders Member

That another nice thing about electric cars over gas counterparts. You can hammer it right away. No break in period.

17. sethm2

sethm2 Member

The car is incredible. I have owned many cars but none have elicited such excitement and interest as the P90DL. On the way home, the wife and I are already talking about getting another car. The car was 100% charged when we arrived and after about 125 miles we returned home with 44% battery. Not bad considering I was playing with all the toys. I really like the passing mode in cruise control. Definitely need to spend some more time on Slacker to get that to my tastes.

We did hammer it a few times and all I can say is WOW.

18. mobe

mobe Member

You just spent well over a hundred grand. By all means stop in a get a look at that beauty!

19. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Drink heavily.