Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Res number 320143, #15,444 got my configure e-mail 1/17/2013 for 85kW Performance, white, 21" grey wheels, pano roof, grey interior with carbon fiber, carbon fiber spoiler tech and sound system. Much earlier than expected! Estimated delivery date is Feb-March!!!! Finalized today, awaiting agreement paperwork. Need to sell my 2010 Porsche Panamera 4S ASAP. I drove my cousin's P85 2 days ago after he drove it home from factory to Las Vegas, car is scary fast, and very similar handling and braking feel to my Panamera, but faster with NO EMISSIONS! I placed my deposit first week of December, and test drove in Newport Beach last month and was sold that this is the best sports sedan I have ever driven. I feel like the luckiest SOB in the world.

Res number 320143, #15,444 got my configure e-mail 1/17/2013 for 85kW Performance, white, 21" grey wheels, pano roof, grey interior with carbon fiber, carbon fiber spoiler tech and sound system. Much earlier than expected! Estimated delivery date is Feb-March!!!! Finalized today, awaiting agreement paperwork. Need to sell my 2010 Porsche Panamera 4S ASAP. I drove my cousin's P85 2 days ago after he drove it home from factory to Las Vegas, car is scary fast, and very similar handling and braking feel to my Panamera, but faster with NO EMISSIONS! I placed my deposit first week of December, and test drove in Newport Beach last month and was sold that this is the best sports sedan I have ever driven. I feel like the luckiest SOB in the world.

Some one posted earlier that they are finalizing all the orders from 2012, but for some reason giving everyone a default Feb-Mar delivery window. They finalized 1,000 reservation #s in 3-4 days, which is much faster than the output from the factory, so delivery dates should be getting later. If the delivery window isn't correct, it could really screw up people selling their existing cars. The VIN#s for cars delivered a few weeks ago are in the 3,300 range.

Some one posted earlier that they are finalizing all the orders from 2012, but for some reason giving everyone a default Feb-Mar delivery window. They finalized 1,000 reservation #s in 3-4 days, which is much faster than the output from the factory, so delivery dates should be getting later. If the delivery window isn't correct, it could really screw up people selling their existing cars. The VIN#s for cars delivered a few weeks ago are in the 3,300 range.

Thanks for the info dgmanny. I am trying to time selling my Panamera at the right time to expect delivery of my MS. My cousin sold his 911GT3 a little early and could have kept it a little longer before he got delivery.

to the person who called and was told it was stll an 8-9 month wait after finalizing... i've called and asked (because a delay would help me) and was told even if I waited until the end of my "must reserve before to recive 2012 prices" date I would likely be looking at April delivery at the latest....

When I reserved the car in late November #14892, I was expecting a 9 to 12 month wait per the store sales rep. Just signed my MVPA which states a May/June delivery :) I ordered a 40kwh config. Considering they're not starting production until March, I think that's a pretty good turnaround. I too will have a happy summer :)

Reserved on Dec 2 - #15,106
Reservation # - RN313594
finalize button - jan 17
finalized - Jan 20 - I know took too long. Traveling and agonized over colors, options.
Delivery - Feb/Mar

can't wait now!!! Wife and kids are excited too!

P85, Blue, Gray, CF, Pano, Tech, sound, parcel, 21" white, twin chargers

Reservation Date: Jan 5, 2013
Reservation #18032

Looks like production is moving very quickly. I was originally told 4-6 months from reservation to "in your driveway". From everything I've seen, it should be in my drive right around 4 months exactly.

Happy days!

:biggrin:

P85, White, CF, Pano, Tech, Sound, 21" and single charger.

I just talked to Tesla and the guy told me that after signing the paper, I can expect delivery in 90 days but also added that it could be "much" sooner. He also said, after signing MVPA, things will move fast and no changes are allowed.

looks like March is possible for me!!

I just talked to Tesla and the guy told me that after signing the paper, I can expect delivery in 90 days but also added that it could be "much" sooner. He also said, after signing MVPA, things will move fast and no changes are allowed.

looks like March is possible for me!!
I've no idea any more than anyone else how this sequencing works, but I wouldn't count on March.
I have a Feb/Mar window ... and I am 7,000+ "ahead" of you.
If we take simple logic and assume they'll build 20,000 this year, 1,600 a month ... or ramp up better and make 2,000 a month.
That's 4,000 for a 2 month window.
See my logic? I am also assuming I am March ... even though my contact told me to expect a VIN around 25th Jan. Maybe.

It's Official! Just Finalized!

Online said Feb-March but called to confirm and they said to actually expect March - April. In either case it can not come soon enough.

This TESLA will be Shurhold's promotional auto, just a we have a promotional boat from Wellcraft. Clean-N-Simple Tips | Shurhold

Once we get it we will begin shooting a series of DIY detailing tips appropriate for the car of the future....

It's Official! Just Finalized!

Online said Feb-March but called to confirm and they said to actually expect March - April. In either case it can not come soon enough.

This TESLA will be Shurhold's promotional auto, just a we have a promotional boat from Wellcraft. Clean-N-Simple Tips | Shurhold

Once we get it we will begin shooting a series of DIY detailing tips appropriate for the car of the future....

Congratulations Barry!

I look forward to your upcoming videos.

Larry

I've no idea any more than anyone else how this sequencing works, but I wouldn't count on March.
I have a Feb/Mar window ... and I am 7,000+ "ahead" of you.
If we take simple logic and assume they'll build 20,000 this year, 1,600 a month ... or ramp up better and make 2,000 a month.
That's 4,000 for a 2 month window.
See my logic? I am also assuming I am March ... even though my contact told me to expect a VIN around 25th Jan. Maybe.

Agree with your math UNLESS there has been a higher, much higher number of cancellations!? Thoughts??