Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Road Trip Success

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well we just got back home from our 1k mile, 6 night tent camping trip and the car performed flawlessly as always. We’re now over 8k miles since taking delivery in Nov 21. Our family of 5 had a blast on Pensacola Beach and exploring the ruins of Fort Pickens.

The UMC wouldn’t reach the 50A outlet but I had also brought a 30A adapter from EVSE Adapters and 30A extension cord just in case. We slept 2 on a twin blowup in the car and 3 on a queen blowup in the tent. We were able to run camp mode and charge for our daily excursions with no problem. The tent is from Napier and it worked out perfect.

We can’t wait for the next adventure.

181D376F-F216-4346-8676-FA7F10E9E8FA.jpeg
1E29650D-606D-4D97-A367-FCEF2FEF0072.jpeg
EF4AEDA0-76F9-4C51-AB9E-475F26B7DD97.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/ppLrEih.jpg

I’m not really the plug in camping type so end up sucking battery for camp mode. Looking forward to the Cybertruck with it’s bigger batteries for longer camp trips where I can use camp mode more!

1647799849073.jpeg

The tent is from Napier and it worked out perfect.
Is that the Sportz SUV Tent w Screen Room (Model 84000)?

Are you putting an additional fly over the Model Y in the first picture, or did that come with the tent?

Can you open and close the Model Y rear hatch while connected to the tent?

Do you think one person could setup and tear down your tent attached to the Model Y without too much difficulty, or is it a two person operation?

Have you experienced heavy rain and/or strong winds with your tent setup?

Is that the Sportz SUV Tent w Screen Room (Model 84000)?

Are you putting an additional fly over the Model Y in the first picture, or did that come with the tent?

Can you open and close the Model Y rear hatch while connected to the tent?

Do you think one person could setup and tear down your tent attached to the Model Y without too much difficulty, or is it a two person operation?

Have you experienced heavy rain and/or strong winds with your tent setup?
Yes.

Additional fly. Aqua Quest tarp actually. Didn’t come with tent.

No. The bottom part of the connection latches onto the rear hatch latch.

One person is doable but two makes it much easier.

Yes both. The tent held up well.

• Informative
Reactions: B_E_V