Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest software update bugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did the latest update 12.5 on my 2020 model S and sometimes when I shift to reverse,dashboard and computer screen goes black. Have to fiddle so much. Drive, park, reverse tap the screen several times and then behaves normal. Trunk release from the screen no longer works. Real bummer. Suggestions??

carlos

Did the latest update 12.5 on my 2020 model S and sometimes when I shift to reverse,dashboard and computer screen goes black. Have to fiddle so much. Drive, park, reverse tap the screen several times and then behaves normal. Trunk release from the screen no longer works. Real bummer. Suggestions??

carlos

My 2017 ms just received version 2020.16.2.1 via WiFi. Get this version for bug fixes. Sadly, due to mcu1 and no AP, I received no new driving features. There were infotainment enhancements, but I never use these games and toys. I was hoping for limited camera recording while in Sentry mode but nothing. It makes no sense to me that while the vehicle is in park and mcu1 has nothing to do that it can't record video clips on a flash dtive.

Geez Tesla, how about giving us older car owners something useful.

It makes no sense to me that while the vehicle is in park and mcu1 has nothing to do that it can't record video clips on a flash dtive.

Only the rear camera is hooked to the MCU and MCU1 is a very low powered computer... The encoding of all video, other than the rear camera is done by the AP computer, which Tesla runs on the second node of AP2.5+ computers. I would think that buying FSD and getting he HW3 upgrade would enable Sentry mode, but the pages on the Tesla site seem to say you have to buy the MCU2 upgrade as well. (Or maybe the MCU2 upgrade is only required to get the rear camera recording.)

My 2017 ms just received version 2020.16.2.1 via WiFi. Get this version for bug fixes. Sadly, due to mcu1 and no AP, I received no new driving features. There were infotainment enhancements, but I never use these games and toys. I was hoping for limited camera recording while in Sentry mode but nothing. It makes no sense to me that while the vehicle is in park and mcu1 has nothing to do that it can't record video clips on a flash dtive.

Geez Tesla, how about giving us older car owners something useful.[/QUOTE
If you take fsd your ap is upgradable to HW3 and you receive full dashcam recording.

Only the rear camera is hooked to the MCU and MCU1 is a very low powered computer... The encoding of all video, other than the rear camera is done by the AP computer, which Tesla runs on the second node of AP2.5+ computers. I would think that buying FSD and getting he HW3 upgrade would enable Sentry mode, but the pages on the Tesla site seem to say you have to buy the MCU2 upgrade as well. (Or maybe the MCU2 upgrade is only required to get the rear camera recording.)
No I saw persons that upgraded to AP2 to ap3 with no change of mcu receive full dashcam Recording but not the application dashcam because it's only on MCU2.

Thanks for technical explanation as I never understood this weakness of my ms while in Sentry mode. Fortunately, my lease ends in August so can lease a replacement with newer technology. But with significant battery and Plaid changes on the horizon, I want to make sure I get the new goodies.