Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Spring Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hasn’t musk said cornering is only for North American markets, probably because we have adaptive which is better. And for cars without matrix I doubt they’ll get cornering. As much as Musk sometimes talks rubbish, he rarely under sells something. I certainly wouldn’t believe the websites that claim they know more than Musk on this one

Hasn’t musk said cornering is only for North American markets, probably because we have adaptive which is better. And for cars without matrix I doubt they’ll get cornering. As much as Musk sometimes talks rubbish, he rarely under sells something. I certainly wouldn’t believe the websites that claim they know more than Musk on this one
From the Twitter post by Tesla

Headlights adapt for curves (US, CA, MX, PR, KR)
Headlights now adapt for curves in the road ahead of you.

Adaptive Headlights improvements (vehicles with matrix LED headlights)
Headlights adapt for curves in the road ahead of you & also illuminate more when you're driving on a highway.

which seems to imply matrix outside of North America gets both?

Reactions: FastLaneJB
Not for me, or at least not without the ability to turn the feature off. In hot sunny weather I often open windows at the start of a journey to help get rid of the excess heat in the cabin, but still have AC on to blast cool air in.
I agree with you but also think it's a good idea for an option that we can toggle on / off. After all it really shouldn't be hard or complex for Tesla to implement.

From the Twitter post by Tesla

which seems to imply matrix outside of North America gets both?
Yes I think we get both. Actually as much as cornering lights are kind of cool, I think improved lighting of the highway sounds better but not sure how improved they mean. Will it for instance use a small amount of the matrix high beam lights at the bottom LED's to give extra visible distance when high beams are off? Does it mean the box around cars will be smaller so more of the road is lit up?

Who knows, also wonder that it's 50/50 I'd even be able to tell the difference if it's a minor improvement.

My understanding from NATA is matrix finally becoming available for US/Canada as of 2024.20 so I guess the adaptive improvements / cornering are global indeed?

Maybe legacy non-matrix models will get fog cornering lights as a consolation then...

My understanding from NATA is matrix finally becoming available for US/Canada as of 2024.20 so I guess the adaptive improvements / cornering are global indeed?

Maybe legacy non-matrix models will get fog cornering lights as a consolation then...
Musk didn’t mention adaptive only cornering so I suspect they heard a rumour about cornering and made up the rest, I kind of read his post now I’ve seen it again as the first is NA only and the second part is for others

Musk didn’t mention adaptive only cornering so I suspect they heard a rumour about cornering and made up the rest, I kind of read his post now I’ve seen it again as the first is NA only and the second part is for others

This is from the @Tesla twitter account (assume that's official), you never know with twitter these days. So it does say adapt for curves with matrix. Not sure that makes sense though. The Tesla account probably copied it from NATA 😆

1717592878409.png

I was wondering about cornering lights for those with adaptive and of course you can turn off high beam and maybe keep cornering. Having owned Teslas for many years I kind of doubt it’s going to be some incredibly cunning plan like using the headlight unit adjustment mechanism, for a start I can’t believe that would be quick enough to keep up.

I noticed yesterday by opening the Model 3 Manual for the US by mistake the new vision based Auto Park is in 2024.14 in the US but when you look at the manual for the UK, it’s the not available currently instead.

So basically they have rolled this out in the US in this build and it’s not just in the FSD track but as of yet not available in other countries. Makes me wonder if it will come here before FSD or its so tied to that we cannot get it for years still.

I noticed yesterday by opening the Model 3 Manual for the US by mistake the new vision based Auto Park is in 2024.14 in the US but when you look at the manual for the UK, it’s the not available currently instead.

So basically they have rolled this out in the US in this build and it’s not just in the FSD track but as of yet not available in other countries. Makes me wonder if it will come here before FSD or its so tied to that we cannot get it for years still.
Contrary to FSD where UNECE regs are preventing Tesla from deploying it here, there is nothing against Autopark. I guess (& hope) it's more a question of time where they are trying the vision based in US only market for now before expanding to the RoW in a future release. They actually released the new Autopark back in 2024.2 for USS-less cars so this isn't just as of 2024.14, except it went out to cars with USS as well in that one.

Contrary to FSD where UNECE regs are preventing Tesla from deploying it here, there is nothing against Autopark. I guess (& hope) it's more a question of time where they are trying the vision based in US only market for now before expanding to the RoW in a future release. They actually released the new Autopark back in 2024.2 for USS-less cars so this isn't just as of 2024.14, except it went out to cars with USS as well in that one.
Well only on the FSD track as normal track had moved on since then.

I know there's no reason they cannot release Autopark in Europe. Pretty much all other modern new cars that are competitors have their own system. Just hard to know with Tesla, if it'll come in a month or two here or a year or two or not until we get FSD. Be nice for them to say what the hold up is with a wider release.

A few things I don't like (very minor but still):
  • Can no longer see cell-service on the screen. They brought it in a few updates ago, now they've taken it away again. FFS, just leave it there!
  • The full screen visualisation seems a wasted opportunity. Nav instructions are minimised but there's so much space to do something meaningful. They could do something really clever with navigation instructions overlayed on the visualisation or just generally make it *actually* useful (as Elon likes to say)
  • Spotify is a step backwards. Clicking on the song on the card brings up the queue, not the playlist (like it did before). Seeing the queue can be good but I'd rather it link to the song within the playlist and have a separate button on the top bar within the app for the queue. Now I have to click song > click home > click playlist > then scroll through playlist to find another song to play within that list (I don't always want to play the next song).
  • The music card is better with the scrubber now in a better position as to not accidentally click on the climate. But why did they take away track length/elapsed time? I like seeing small details like that
  • The power/regen bar is thicker, but it's flush against the bezel which makes it even harder to see now! Why can't they keep it thick but put it horizontally at the top? There's literally blank space up there! Also, is it really hard to put a marker in the middle of the bar? Or to give an option to see actual power % output/input?
  • The time, outside temp, sos button, lock button at the top all seem too clustered together now. I can't remember what it was like before but I can't remember the temp and time being so close to each other? It doesn't seem well thought out design.
It'd be nice if you could pull over the map (to make the map full screen and remove the visualisation) and then all critical info (speed, lights, etc.) turns into a "dashboard" that hovers over the map in the top right corner.

They have all this screen space and options and I do feel they do a poor job fully utilising it or creating opportunities for more "usefulness".

Got the bug-fix update (I think it's 2024.19.something?) yesterday and installed it overnight, so lets see what has changed since.

I don’t know how much this is related really to this update but after both recent new updates the night of charging Our Model Y 2022, with our Tesla Gen 3 wall charger the circuit tripped not sure if there is some sort of bug or if anyone else has experienced this ? Otherwise charging has been fine.

It'd be nice if you could pull over the map (to make the map full screen and remove the visualisation) and then all critical info (speed, lights, etc.) turns into a "dashboard" that hovers over the map in the top right corner.
I like this idea but I don’t think they’ll do it. They do use the visualisation to highlight objects it thinks you are going to crash into. This goes off all the time when driving around a town near me as you weave between all the parked cars on the road. If they did this full size map they’d maybe have to have a smaller visualisation still so it can show you what the car things you are about to crash into (Even though you aren’t going to).

I don’t know how much this is related really to this update but after both recent new updates the night of charging Our Model Y 2022, with our Tesla Gen 3 wall charger the circuit tripped not sure if there is some sort of bug or if anyone else has experienced this ? Otherwise charging has been fine.
I have a similar set up and same year MY, I haven’t noticed any issues other than very first time since been on IO - I found out this morning that the car did not charge at all. I have been having many issues with the IO schedule/charging for the 6-12 months so not sure if it’s related

Reactions: herohonda777
I have a similar set up and same year MY, I haven’t noticed any issues other than very first time since been on IO - I found out this morning that the car did not charge at all. I have been having many issues with the IO schedule/charging for the 6-12 months so not sure if it’s related
Yeh it’s quite odd, I have the amp currently set to 30/32 I might set it to 28amps, but tonight’s charge will be on a soft reboot which was advised by Tesla support.

Reactions: Benotomy
Can we set it like that? Does it stay on that for example if I set it to 10?
Yes mate you can set it, you can do it from the charging tab in the car or even the app! What I normally do is start the charging and then turn the amp down! So last night I had no circuit trip and the car charged fully to 100% I soft reset the UI during the day so not sure if that helped or not.