Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lawsuit over FSD claims allowed to proceed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the basis of this suit seems to be that the plaintiffs were told by sales staff that their car would eventually become autonomous. If being misled by car salesmen is fruitful as a lawsuit, get ready for an unprecedented clogging of our civil courts.
interesting. If they claim they would "eventually" get it, then how can claim it false? "Eventually" hasn't come yet. No I am not being sarcastic. It just doesn;t seem to add it to me.

Since Tesla never promised an L3 system (and I have a lot of doubt the EQS will deliver one of any use- remember when Audi promised to in 2018?) I find that conclusion unlikely... but your general point that EU consumer law is vastly different from the US is entirely accurate.

Knightshade said:
"From Oct 2016 to March 2019 they sold a system that promised to deliver (at least) L4.... (you can possibly argue it promised L5, but could go either way)"

😁😁😁

Knightshade:
"From Oct 2016 to March 2019 they sold a system that promised to deliver (at least) L4.... (you can possibly argue it promised L5, but could go either way)"

What is "someone who does not understand the difference between L3 and L4"?
Level 4 INCLUDES the functionality within Level 3.

"The difference between Level 3 and Level 4 automation is that Level 4 vehicles can intervene if things go wrong or there is a system failure"

Face it..you got caught (again) in your own conflicting statements. Tesla did, or did not promise capabilities found within Level 3? Make up your mind. 🤣 🤣

Last edited:
Level 4 INCLUDES the functionality within Level 3.

Well, not really.

They're a different scope of capabilities.

L4 can not ever require a human by definition. Therefore L3, which always requires a human is not in scope of an L4 system.

More importantly though you are being dishonest again as to the direction of the feature versus the actual argument you cite.

Which is why you citing someone who was saying he could sue Tesla because Mercedes got to L3 first isn't relevant to a promise about L4 from Tesla.

Face it..you got caught (again) in your own conflicting statements.

No, I got caught again replying to your posts that misrepresent, or somehow "misunderstand" the actual facts and arguments made.

Tesla did, or did not promise capabilities found within Level 3. Make up your mind. 🤣 🤣

They did not promise an L3 system-- therefore citing someone else got to L3 as evidence in a lawsuit against Tesla that would force them to buy you the L3 car instead of your tesla does not make any sense.

Your argument would amount to "I haven't gotten the feature set I was promised-- but someone else makes something LESS capable so I should be compensated!"[/QUOTE]